Friday, January 11, 2008

Please Vote!!

Please help me choose how I want to fly (alone) with Quinn when I go to Milwaukee in February for my cousin's baby shower. Voting in the column on the LEFT. PLEASE VOTE! (Yes, this is a vote to help me, not a plea to vote in the primaries that may be coming to a state near you!)

Don't worry, Minnesota, we're planning a tentative trip home in late March/April to come see you too! It's easier then, though, because there are direct flights from JFK (which is the closest airport/easiest to get to).

I'd ideally like JFK as I could drop off the car and Mike could take it home (he flies into JFK on Thursday that week after a business trip and could expense the parking).

Time to feed hungry baby (then maybe I get lunch?)

And it's raining again!! This is not helping my plan to run to the post office and pick up laundry (as there's no way to keep Quinn dry!)...

7 comments:

Jill said...

If you are flying into the NWA terminal, there are A LOT of restaurants and even a little tunnel that has music and a little light show. It might keep Quinn entertained. Oh yeah, and the bathrooms there are really nice. Concourse A.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't vote because I think you should choose either one of the layovers. It's WAY harder to change a diaper on a plane.

Frequent stops are a must with little ones and traveling in the car by yourself with a baby is not much fun.

That's my 2 cents!

Good luck, whatever you decide!

TB--Milwaukee said...

I would hate a layover, but I hate landing and taking off. May be good to have a break, if you like them.

Can't wait to see the latest addition to the family. Hope we get to see you before the next baby in our family is born.

Anonymous said...

I think you should fly the most convenient time for someone to pick you up at the airport. If you fly into Chicago, do we have to pick you up there? It could be a problem if the weather is nasty. It would be better to fly into Mitchell. It's a short flight and Quinn will do just fine.
A one hour layover wouldn't be too bad. Taking off and landing is hard on an infant's ears..you might not want to do that four times.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I flew alone with Owen when he was little (to Albany) and nursed him on takeoff and landing. If you can do that, it solves the ear problem beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Chicago- I'll pick you up. But I like the parents' votes about changing a diaper on a stop over. I was in MSP when I heard the story of Abbie's birth and I remember standing outside the Starbucks with my non-fat mocha crying (with tears of joy...). MSP is a nice place for a stop over. Plus you could go see the infamous men's room!

Alicia said...

I'd suggest flying direct, if possible. Babies don't like the take-off so much because it hurts their ears, so it'd probably be best to minimize that experience for Quinn.