Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hard at Play

It's been a busy day so far...


Quinn went from napping, to awake and chilling blowing spit bubbles...




to playing herself to sleep!!



With crying and chattering and eating in between. She sure is getting cuter and cuter every day! She naps better lying flat on her back, but not in her crib. After yesterday of carrying her around most of the day while I got dinner ready (which was good by the way) I learned that I had to find a new solution as I've had some nice back spasms last night into now at this moment. I think she may have gotten slightly used to being held in Dallas as we were out and about and trying to keep her quiet...so she was held A LOT over the weekend.
But for my own sanity...
I need a way for her to sleep here and have freedom to get things done around the house. I thought I'd attempt her chair again today as she has toys that hang in front of her there ... she slept all of 10 minutes and was NOT amused by the toys. And the motor doesn't work regularly on the chair anymore, so it's really just a slightly bouncy chair now. So, I pulled out the play mat Grandma and Grandpa R. bought for Christmas. Eggo was excited for the new toys, but quickly shoo'd away when I put Quinn on the mat. She was slightly overwhelmed at first, but has always seemed to enjoy waking up to entertainment (new mirror in her crib and mobile in her crib seem to keep her content to put herself to sleep after her 4am feeding).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ONLY place Owen napped for the first 4 months was in the swing. Marin has always napped best in her crib. Neither one of them sleep in their carseats!

They all have their own quirks!