Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Things I'm excited for today

1. Quinn is still healthy, getting pudgier somehow, growing, and wearing 3 month outfits (some newborn, not many).

2. I lost another pound (so far) this week ...BECAUSE...

3. This weather kicks a**! Today it was 58 when I woke up at 8am! It's got to be near 65 or so today. I'm warm in a light sweater. :)

4. I can walk without pain! I took a walk to the FAR grocery store Sunday (a little over a mile each way) and bought tons of groceries and carried them home for my strength work-out. Yesterday, Quinn and I walked around BayRidge as I had my final MD appointment for a year (Not planning on seeing her again before that!!!). Today, we went to the store to see if they had cat food larger than 14 oz (they don't), a new clock radio (didn't have any), and Mountain Dew (finally--they had something I was looking for!!). Everyone thought Quinn was a boy because I have her in an adorable "Dad's Team" outfit and apparently red stripes and sports mean you're a boy (see side bar/she's wearing her Gopher onesie today too). Crazy stereotypes. Anyway, now we're off to the grocery store to get Daddy some OJ (not excited he's feeling under the weather--he went to bed several hours before me last night!!!??!!!).

5. Quinn is giving us REAL smiles!!! I love week 6!! Too bad they're short lived and there are no camera shots of them yet.


OFF TO WALK SOME MORE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get her back in the "pink" when shopping!! Hope Daddy is feeling better soon. This is the time of year for colds, etc, even if the weather is nice. Those "real smiles" are the best and you never forget them. Cherish them while you can. I know she'll be smiling the rest of her life. She has two great parents! Keep that camera handy at all times!

XXOO to Quinn and you!
Mom and Dad

TB--Milwaukee said...

aren't you the lucky one!! Tom has a concert tonight and will miss his walk.. my he will yo-yo again to Leno...AJ is 33 1/2 inches and 24 lbs... now.. amazing how fast the kids grow..he gave Caryn a shiner yesterday with his broom..hmmmmmmm....guess he didn't want to share Love the picture of Elizabeth.. i need to find one of Caryn for you.... happy warm weather!! - :)

Anonymous said...

At least they had Dew! i call that a great day.
Kim