Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby to Toddler Overnight!

She's walking! Her steps are still godzilla-esque, but getting better. And she is only confident enough to do about 10 steps at a time, but it's so odd to see our baby walking! Yes, I have some cute videos, we'll work on loading those today.

We had a fabulous time in Wisconsin. Dad's surprise party apparently surprised him! It was a great time; thanks again to all who attended and brought goodies to share! We had a HUGE variety of food. Everyone brought a little bit and it turned into a ton! It was awesome!

Quinn had another good flight on the way back. She played with the clean barf bag for awhile and then moved onto her books and blankies and peek a boo. Before long she was thirsty and sleepy; seeing as I had to wake her up to leave Grandma and Grandpa's. Also, she slept about..hmm...not at all the night before.

She's doing this awesome new thing where she'll wail in the middle of the night. I'll go in to cuddle her/change her/whatever. And almost as soon as I pick her up, her eyes are closed and she had death grip on my shirt. SO, last night I tried to just "let her cry it out".

RIGHT...I sleep better when I just get up and cuddle her (hence me just staying up at 5:30). I know the first few nights will be tough...but really. It was a good 30-45 minutes I let her cry each time (yep, up three times last night)...then I gave in. SO, I tried to go to bed early because I was tired from the night before. As soon as my head hit the pillow, she was up. Which was okay because it was about 9:30 and she was in bed about 6:00 (waaaaay early for her "these days").

The first time during the night I'm pretty sure she was hot; as I forgot to turn off her individual heat unit in her room (we keep the house cold when we leave and her room was a popsicle for her before bed...needed to warm it up!). And Grandma and Grandpa's house isn't 70 degrees ... ever, much less at night!

The second time was about 5 minutes after I changed her and put her down...so I just let her cry...for another 30 minutes. Figured she was thirsty between the heat and the vocals. She nursed about 3 minutes and was out like a light.

The third time was at about 5 that I finally got out of bed. She was soaked and poopy. I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep either! She hated every minute of that diaper change, but as soon as I had her pjs on, she reached for her rattle blankie and eyes were closed again.

We'll see how long this lasts. And I'm exhausted. So, I tought I'd be able to stay up and be productive...but I really only got a few hours of sleep. I also anticipated Q not falling back asleep and wanting to play. Maybe she caught on to a little bit of central time and won't be up until about 8!!! That would be awesome.

Photos of Jill's party (which was awesome!), Grandpa Joe's surprise, and various airport shots to come later.

4 comments:

new*me said...

yeah for little one!!! Graduating into the walking club is one of a mommy's proudest moments ;)

Playing with the barf bag.......too funny!

Anonymous said...

**sigh** and it only picks up speed from here (both the walking and the aging :))


but it's awesome...

Miz.

Christine Wood said...

she's walking?!? cool!

Heidi said...

Okay, seriously, Lucy is alwasy RIGHT behind Quinn, it's so funny. Good luck with the sleeping, I know it's terrible. Sometimes I think about having another but then I think I want to sleep for awhile before we do this all over again!