Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To the Midwest Again

We're heading to the midwest again tomorrow. Daddy has had a trip in Chicago and we're super excited to see him. We are also lucky enough to make a trip up to Milwaukee to join my family for the "January/February Birthday" celebration. My Dad, 2 sisters and their husbands all have birthdays in January and February close together, so we have one celebration to honor everyone. This will be the first year in quite a few that I will get to attend! I'm so excited for cake....I hope there's cake...

We'll also be able to catch up with Jill on her birthday, as her and Tim are moving back to Milwaukee (booo for living in Minnesota when I wasn't there!). Hopefully JJ will babysit so Mike and I can enjoy a much needed few hours away.

Fourteen months old today. I can't believe Quinn is that old.

And yet again, as Mike is gone this week, I wonder how single moms raise kids, work, keep a house, and have a social life. I'm EXHAUSTED! Even though Mike works long hours, I grow to appreciate the fact that he is around at all other times. Yet another reason I give props to my brother, who is just a few steps away from being a single daddy out on his own. They're both still alive with Grandma and Grandpa in Orlando this week, so it proves he can make it ... at least for a week! Good job JJ!

May not be in blog land until we return on Monday..but I will be thinking of you all!

4 comments:

new*me said...

Have a great trip! It sounds like so much fun. We had birthdays Sept-December and it was so much fun!

Be safe ;)

TB--Milwaukee said...

See you later, Auntie Katie!! Love, Alex

We're trying to clean the living room and rid it of all things edible.

Christine Wood said...

have a safe trip! it's great that you get to make a lot of trips back to visitt friends and fam.

Heidi said...

Have a safe trip...hope Quinn's nose is okay :)