Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Seven Days into the New Year

Well so far, my resolutions are holding decently. Brushing and flossing are going better...the electric toothbrush is a GREAT invention!! Still need to fill the cavities somewhere around here....guess that'll be my job as Quinn naps here soon!

I've only been on the treadmill twice...but that's a couple extra miles I would not have done before! Our music classes start again soon, too, so that'll be a couple miles a week again that we've been missing since November.

Studying...well, now I only have about 9 weeks to get 24 credits....ugh.

Me time...only one bath! But I've had some good WOW time catching up with my buddies online again has been nice. Makes me really excited to get back to Minnesota!

Quinn's learning...is going well. I'm amazed at how much she understands. Mike came downstairs to eat breakfast today and Q and I had already eaten. But she gets a 10am snack most days, so this was just earlier than normal.
She came over to me "da da da mo mo mo".
I said, 'if you're hungry, go ask dad to feed you some cheerios or yogurt and sit in your chair.'
She said, 'AHHHHH, mo mo mo da da mo ma ma'.
I said, 'you heard what i said, go ask daddy'. (I was sewing buttons back on Daddy's coat at this time, so don't think I was ENTIRELY pushing her snack on Daddy).
She crawled over to Mike, "da da, mo, ma".
Mike was like, huh...that's pretty close.

She's also started picking up some toys on her own!! SOME mind you, not all. In her room, she'll take the books off the shelf, look at them, and most of them get thrown back onto the shelf. She also got this shopping cart/walker from Grandma Mary and Grandpa Joe....all her toys from the kitchen got picked up and taken out of her toy drawer in there and she put them in her cart yesterday! I was SHOCKED to not be stepping on toys as I did dishes after she went to bed. It's pretty nice...hopefully it'll stick and get better so I don't have to spend 10 minutes cleaning during each precious nap hour!!

She's also a crazy dancer....it's awesome....I'm going to try to download a video.

And on a Thomas note, Finn's adorable with a head of hair...check out their blog! They have video posted!

No comments: