Friday, January 9, 2009

Just Walk Through the Pain...

Since as far back as I can remember, my right hip has given me problems (bursitis I'm told). With my new desire to get "buff" (ha ha...oh, high school memories) and get on the treadmill more (basically to make myself keep a pace...not the strolls Q and I take around here) pain has followed. I haven't had this pain since I was carrying 60 extra pounds -- when preggo with Q. (And after reading Carolyn's blog seeing she's gained about 35# wondering how she'll lose it...can't believe I gained that much weight! But I lost it, that's all that matters.) Well, the couple miles I've been run/walking every day are catching up with me.

I'm hoping this will actually strengthen all those muscles and (cross my fingers) I won't have the hip pain all during the next pregnancy. Or for 2 days after my walks! So, yeah, I'm only getting on the treadmill every other day...but not awful considering I haven't been on it since...April or so. The pain was pretty bad with Q as I "had" to sleep on my side and well, that made the pain REALLY bad.

So, Q and I are learning our walking routines together! I had her on the treadmill walking the other day, holding my fingers. .5 MPH was pretty tough for her to keep up with as her balance is kind of not there yet. I'm sure once she catches on 1.0 MPH will be on her radar!

I need to learn to keep my camera with me at all times...she has now rolled her shopping cart onto its side onto her new tinkerbell couch. She is lying on the couch next to the shopping cart pressing buttons and taking the toys out of the cart. She's now trying to ... do something with the cart. Just the cart is on the bed/couch now. OH, trying to get into the cart! What a goof....NO, Q, NO!

Okay, that's better. She doesn't like "no" or "stop". I know she knows what they mean....stubborn girl taking after her mommy...

1 comment:

Christine and Curt said...

i hope you keep up your routine! i've been doing lots of walking on the treadmill too!