Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow

More snow?!

YAY!!! It's warmer than 10 degrees again (I understand you Minnesotans and Wisconsinites that it's colder there, but 10 is cold out here!). And that means snow...at least it's not blizzard snow. But, really, we got about another inch of snow today. And a little last night. Dannie and Nate were blessed souls who shoveled (very well might I add, for not shoveling in Maryland!) my sidewalk, stairs AND driveway this morning. Now it needs to be done again...even more-so than this morning. And it's more of that wet heavy goop as it's about 31 degrees. I was hoping for a warm-up today and rain to make the snow go away...but no luck, it's all snow and is going to continue to be snow. I guess I get to shovel later as Mike is in Chicago! This is the kind of snow that's a pain in the butt because it's barely enough to shovel...but....people notice when you don't!

For example.

Yesterday morning, in the span of maybe an hour, THREE guys rang our doorbell wanting to shovel our half inch of pretty packed down snow...what!? Here's the best part...for $25!!! The third ring, Mike's prety sure it was the same guy, and he very loudly yelled swear words and stop ringing my doorbell. These were grown men, mind you, too. If it was a neighborhood kid, heck yeah I would have thrown money at them to do it. But, it wasn't and I'm not about to help someone make income tax-free! About 15 minutes later I said, I guess we should shovel, huh?

OH, and unrelated to snow, but funny. Mike asked me the other day why we had to keep the diaper champ in the hallway now (as Q's diapers get stank QUICK--I've tried to start separating the super duper poopers). I said well, besides it smelling, she has started to make it a toy. Flip diaper champ, insert favorite toy, flip diaper champ, insert another favorite toy, repeat until Mom realizes the toys have joined the diapers and Q's crying because her toys are gone. She gets independent play time in her room as it's the only room she can be safe in without supervision. Mommy needs to shower on days when there's no nap! So, once I realized the toys were gone...the diaper champ left the room.

She's going to be an engineer or some sort...is my prediciton. She NEEDS to know how everything works...and tastes! For those of you that watch "My Name is Earl"; I'm sure she'd have some good additions to Randy's "the curious tongue"! We bought a new glider the other day and she's constantly on the floor looking up at the rocking mechanisms (don't worry, it locks into place so it doesn't glide while she's doing this). Or she's lifting the cushion looking for ... I don't know what for, but she sticks her head under it looking for something. Doors and drawers..she's facinated with open and close...repeatedly.

1 comment:

new*me said...

I saw the snow on tv ;)......very pretty for the inauguration celebrations today........the church bells ringing for hours.......so inspiring!