Friday, February 27, 2009

Boston Aquarium

I thought it was pretty cool that the Aquarium was RIGHT on the water like this. A "real" harbor and everything. Smelled like fish. But not like Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee smell of fish...like, fresh fish! Ha ha...




SOOOO, in case you can't already tell....I finally pulled the camera out again today. Turns out I didn't delete the Boston photos from the memory card after I put them on the desktop of our virus computer! YAY! (Oh, and my new theory is that the computer virus really is a super virus as it transferred to infecting the humans in the house...that's how Mike got away with being fine all week...it didn't get to him in the middle of the night or all day! ....if only that were true....)



So, here are some photos of our trip to the Boston Aquarium last week Tuesday. Did I mention I heart Boston yet? I'm not sure if that came to the blog yet...but I heart Boston. I'm glad I took some photos to remind me! :)

These were the coolest fish interlocking blocks I've ever seen. And they did not have them in the gift shop! There was a "Curious George" play center near the large central aquarium (where the sharks and turtles were). She loved these blocks...any hints from anyone where I may find them to purchase??


As soon as you walk in the main doors, you see penguins. Loads of penguins.


Quinn looking over the side at the penguins.


And they had tons of jellyfish! There was a walkway of ceramic jellyfish...that was Quinn's favorite part of the whole aquarium I think. Not the giant turtle, sharks, penguins, fish, or any of the actual animals they had....the jellyfish archway....



She did admire the blue of the jellyfish tanks though....

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out the Mac OS stuff too; let me tell you. There are probably easier ways to doing this photo download ... I'm probably making this waaaa-aaay to difficult on myself! OH WELL!

The video speaks for itself.




And...after the busy afternoon at the aquarium...chill time. We had about 15 minutes waiting for the train on the blue line. You can't really see it on this photo, but the blue line end point is "wonderland". That made me chuckle...there's actually a Wonderland in Boston! :)



Oh, that was a long day with a short stroller, alone, no place to sit anywhere, and a sore back and foot from a fall the previous week. But it was fun...I'm pretty sure we both took a 2 hour nap when we got back! Oh, after a 30 minute swim, of course!!

2 comments:

new*me said...

looks like you really wore the poor little sweetie out!

I love penguins!!! My Gracie watched Happy Feet at school today......they had a popcorn, pjs, and penguin movie in honor of the letter "P"

Heidi said...

I've been there, the aquarium is super cool...she looks wiped out in that pic in the stroller - too cute!