Monday, February 2, 2009

The Park

We went to the park today!

And I took cute video...but the connection isn't so hot here today, so I hope to get them loaded soon soon soon!

Since it was 45 degrees by 9:30am, I decided we were heading to the park...despite my seemingly fractured foot...there's no way I was staying inside today! Especially with snow in the forcast...

So...Q decided to take a nap from 10:30 until 1! I was sooo anxious to get outside and play...I must admit I woke her up at 1. :) She had a light breakfast and needed lunch anyway, so I didn't feel terribly awful about it.

Yesterday, I had a little accident with the front door closing on my heel...so I compensated by walking and standing more on the front part of my foot. By the end of the day...I could barely walk. Then during the super bowl...Quinn fell over...twisting my ankle. I was sort of glad it was the same foot...but really, 3 injuries in one day?!

So, it felt better today; but we still went to the closer, smaller park. I also wanted to hit up the grocery store, dry cleaning, and RiteAid...

About 2 blocks from home, my foot cramped up and I could barely walk! I was in tears the whole way home, it hurt so bad. Needless to say, when we got home, I tried to stand on one foot to finish dishes from last night and we pretty much played in her room all afternoon so that I didn't have to chase her around the house. I was hoping for an additional afternoon nap with all the fresh air we got at the park. We were there an hour!!

It's an odd feeling playing in snow puddles without a coat on...Yes, Quinn was playing in the puddles...OH the joys of her independence walking. She sort of triped and landed in a big ole puddle when we first got there (just hands, but still got wet). Then I'm not sure she realized the ground was ending and the puddle of ice/water was beginning and she just charged through it...up past her ankles! So, that cut to the trip's end. And for some reason I always carry an extra pair of socks with me...so her feet stayed toasty warm.

Oh, spring. Will you please come out and play to stay?!

On another note: how imperitive is it that crusty booger come out of kids' noses? Q's had a runny nose for a week now and when she wakes up from naps and in the morning, she's got big boogies and they just LOOK irritating. Well, really, if you try to get to her nose via game or semi-force...she screams bloody murder and curdling screams are released for about 5 minutes following. Seriously, it's as bad as when she gets shots at the doctor. And it's just a kleenex...or blankie...or wet wipe....or my finger real quick. Except it's never quick because she moves her head so quick....suggestions? do they need to come out? I just worry that somehow she'll get to much mucus buildup in her lungs while she sleeps and will get pnemonia. Parania or truth? HELP!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha! I'm obsessed with getting crusty boogers out of Natalie's nose. When she was a newborn I even straightened out a bobby pin so I could get boogers out of her tiny notrils (I didn't stick it in TOO far!)
I'm still taking crusties out of her nose. Now SHE says, "Gross! Boogers!" when I get something out. I think this is one of my weird mom traits. I would bet they'd come out on their own eventually and you don't have to worry, but I don't really know!

Hope your foot feels better soon!

new*me said...

i still use a booger sucker from the hospital on the twins from time to time and it is a fight!

Your poor foot. Take it easy :)!

I am ready for Spring too. We had one nice day over the weekend but today it's back to just a high of 32. Hating the cold!