Saturday, February 21, 2009

We're Back!

I'm going to do these posts by days; breaking down our week. Internet was not so inexpensive at the hotel...and when I finally gave in and decided to hit up the Starbucks for free WiFi...the computer battery was dead and I couldn't find any outlets that worked closeby! Go figure!

A view of the hotel with the Boston library on the right. The website said they were close to the library, but I wasn't expecting it to be across the street! We were also on the 33rd floor and a few blocks from the Prudential Center, so why pay money to go to the top of the Prudential Center? Saved me a trip and some dinero!


Hotel looking on....

Next up, a view from our room! Prudential Center on the left. Fenway is just to the right of it behind those other buildings...can't really make it out. If you can make out the Citgo sign near the middle of the photo...Fenway is across the freeway from that. So, you could say we were in a prime tourist location!

Q in front of the Prudential Center....couldn't get the top of the building, but I think it's a cute shot.


And I loved Boston. Seriously, it was a great week. But I watched WAAAAY too much TV! I didn't realize how quickly I became used to the radio and CDs with no TV in Q's room or the living room. I also didn't realize how much time I spend blogging, emailing, cleaning and cooking while Q naps! I guess my time had to be filled somehow...I could've brought a book, I guess. But, it was VACATION! :)

I must say I'm glad there's no TV where we play; as by the time yesterday morning came around, Q would curl up on my lap and just STARE at the TV. But not for long...only about 2-4 minute intervals. But, that's a long period of time to keep her attention! OH, and she didn't want cartoons, she wanted the Today show and news! As far as talk shows and game shows were concerned (Trivia Pursuit the game show?!); every time there was clapping, she would stop what she was doing, turn around, start clapping and go "yaaaaaaah", If there was laughing, she would stop what she was doing and start laughing. I guess that's her new trick she learned this week!

She loved the elevator. We took about 4 trips a day just to help keep her occupied...and for our trips out and about and to the pool! She looks scared here, but she's got this crazy ability to stop smiling when the flash goes off these days...that and the elevator went pretty fast from floor 2 to 33! The pressure in my ears was driving me crazy...maybe it bothered her too?


She loved the pool and all the kids that were around (it was winter break week here so very few schools had classes). I'm actually pretty surprised at the number of families at the hotel for the price tag that was associated. "What recession?" went through my mind as I entered crowded restaurants and attractions at all times during the day. At least downtown Boston seems to have a strong economy! Well, I take that back partially. We were attached to Copley Place, a mall in downtown. There were LOTS of "high end" stores (to name a few: Coach, Nine West, Gucci, and Louis Voitton if that's even close to spelled correctly) that were empty except for a staff member here or there. The ones that were having their winter sales (+50% off) were packed. SOOO, I guess the area is not crazy with money, but still seems to be doing okay.

Okay, my family...you look at this next photo and tell me there's no resemblance to Liz...I dare you! I'm looking at it now and it's uncanny to me...really...look at that smirk....it's a family thing maybe! Or a first child thing?


Yes, Grandma Mary, that's the 12 month suit and towel you got her for baptism. Yes, 12 month!! Some of the 18 month clothes I have for her are TOO BIG! Yep, the ones that barely fit her waist 3 months ago are TOO BIG. I did buy her a larger swim suit the other day at Target because I couldn't resist, so we won't need a bigger one for summer fun at the beach. I have a feeling she'll love the ocean! I'm sooooo excited to take her!

By the end of the week, she had our walk from the pool to the room down solid. She'd go to the elevator with the light, walk on, get off the elevator and walk up to every door with the key card and reach to the door.


Over the course of the week, we saw the aquarium, central library, Prudential Center, Fenway (from the outside), children's museum, public gardens, the commons, and much more of the city just walking around! I forgot my camera the day we walked to Fenway, but I have some kind of fun shots from the rest of the week.
And she pretty quickly became "at home" in her crib at the hotel. We had few problems getting her to sleep--she didn't like to see us still awake when she had to go to bed so her bedtime got quite a bit later.

6 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

Sounds like you had some much needed fun time. I've been to Boston a couple of times and loved it, too! I love the pic of Q sleeping in the crib with her butt in the air. So cute!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time. Nice to see Quinn still fits in the suit, too. Glad she's getting some use out of it.

xxxooo

Mom

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention.. ..Q looks a lot like Liz. Could be a "family thing". All my grandchildren are ADORABLE!! :) :)

Love,
Mom

Mindy said...

I missed your posts! Were you in Boston on vacation? Looks like a lot of fun was had!

Welcome home!

Heidi said...

Looks like you had a great time! So fun to see Q walking, she looks like such a big girl!

Timmy said...

I LOVE Boston!!! Seriously. It's one of the coolest cities anywhere...well anywhere I've been too anyway. When I was looking at the pictures I was all like... ooh I've been there, and hey I know where that is. How fun!