Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fifteen Months

And, well, I don't get these computers and our router sucks. SOOOO, no photos AGAIN...sorry!!!

But, if you want to know some great stuff about Quinn, you can keep reading.

Mobility: walking like a pro! Except when her feet, toys, rugs, thresholds, books, stairs, clothes (etc) get in the way and she falls. She's still a crawler...but more-so when she's crawling under her bed (how she manages this ... army crawl mostly), or under her slide, or onto bookshelves, or when trying to get under the couch.

Eating: eating like a pro! She's accepting milk into her life a little more readily these days. But even after a few ounces of milk, she still wants to nurse! It's getting to the stage where she's lifting my shirt when she's getting sleepy and wants to nurse and go to bed. I'm not sure how I feel about this. She's still nursing about 4-6 times a day. I've added the "middle of the night" feeding again this week, but only because I know she needs the fluids with her GI illness. She's not liking the pedialyte or juice so much...just wants Mommy. And while I love it...we were SOOOOOOO close to no more 4am feedings!! I must say I'm almost awake at 4 am, though...from 10-4...6 hours of sleep...not a bad stretch! As far as solids go, she does not like carbs as much anymore...I somehow managed to get her to eat pancakes the other day. Crackers, cheerios, bagels, toast...not so much. Goldfish crackers, always. Why is this...I think to myself. Because she's a cheese freak, is the answer. If she sees cheese in a picture, if you say cheese, if there is a food that looks like a block of cheese...you better have cheese close at hand or the WATERWORKS take awhile to end.

Temperment: Yes. She has a temper. If she sees something she wants and she can't get it herself...WATERWORKS. Screams, pouts, cries....crazy. Seriously, it's full out tears and snotty nose within 5 seconds. It's, honestly, the only "girl-like" thing I've seen from her so far! She'll break hearts with the tears and eyelashes. We better watch out!

There is also MUCH mischievness in those genes of hers. She's a climber...shelves, drawers, stools, chairs, baskets, boxes...even if she barely fits...she will try to sit in it. And most of the time suceeds. I think she's self-training to be a magician assistant. She can curl up into the tiniest ball to fit in some baskets and on some shelves and under her bed...it's the craziest thing to watch.

She's sooo playful it's tiring. I think she's part lab (yes, the dog). She loves peek-a-boo. The new thing she started this week is putting a blanket over her head and walking around like a ghost. I watch it and I swear she's ET...you know, the part where they take him trick or treating and he's got that waddle walk...that's Quinn walking with a blanket over her head. And she just GIGGLES the whole time. And as the video a few weeks ago shows...she loves it when you hide around a corner or piece of furniture and jump out at her. If it's followed by tickling, she's in heaven. She will run away, run back and hope you repeat it over and over and over and over and over (really, she could play this game for 15 mintues if I didn't get tired after 5!!) and over again. For my family at home: it's like Cosmo and tennis balls or rocks. It could never ever end and that still wouldn't be long enough.

Vocabulary: I'm so excited for more "real" words and putting words together, I can hardly wait! But she has words I can make out on a daily basis. If anyone else could make them out....who knows?!
ma ma
da da
morning (sounds a like like ma ma, but it's more mooma)
stuck (uk)
socks (xss)
honk (oknk) (uncle joel is proof of that one from last month!)
I'm eating something that's not food (AAAAlhalhh)
meow (is still baa....it's more like mbaa, though)
cat/kitty (k k k k)
I see something new or exciting (hi-ee)
hi (hi-ee)
more (mo mo mo mo)
nose (na no...i think she's talking some spanglish here...nose/nariz)

she also knows clothes and where they go, but won't say them. when she get dressed or undressed (lots this week!!) and when we're in the bath (again...lots this week!). she knows where things go, just doesn't have coordination there yet. And she's silly a lot since red hat, green hat is "oops" with clothes. She thinks she's pretty funny. As far as body parts and pointing them out...she knows where her nose is. And usually after nursing she'll start pointing to all my features on my face and want to know what they are. At times she'll point to my tongue, then hers....my lips, then hers....etc. So, there's a connection there...just not to the "where are your eyes" and pointing her eyes out. I honestly don't know where she "should" be at for that stuff, but I feel like she's a sponge and suddenly one day, she'll shock me with how much she'll know.

Books: She's finally paging through books and looking at photos and remembering stories and concepts! However, this has come after she has chewed through the majority of them...they will most likely get tossed with the move. Again...I swear she's part lab! We have an opposites book (What's Up Duck?) and her favorites to repeat are up, down, near, and front. I'm not sure why those are the only ones that have stuck so far...but we're working on it. She also loves Moo, Baa, La La La....but we get to page three where the pigs go "la la la" and that book ends. She also loves red hat, green hat, blue hat, oops! (pppsssss, she says to the turkey...and a turkey says "ppps" not gobble gobble thanks to the way I started reading this book to her!). I think her favorite is the end when he jumps into the pool with all his clothes on...because she became a fish last week in that pool (she runs around with her lil swimmer going .. sp sp (splash splash)...).
Moral: she's come a long way with books this last month...yay!!!

Development: we're working on colors, body parts, animals, emotions, opposites, and using utensils and dishes at meals. She still loves music and dancing. I forget what it was the other day....or what we were doing...but she thought it was music and started dancing. It was like...the dishwasher or something silly like that. It was pretty funny. Maybe it was the cell phone...I don't remember. She loves songs about horsies (trot ol' joe, she'll be coming around the mountain, see the pony galloping...music together horsie songs, I guess). And she loves "jai ho" from Slumdog! I started singing it today because I've watched a lot of TV lately and the commercial for the movie is like, every other commercial and I really like it. It was our morning stretch tune today. Anyway, she was clapping and tapping her toes and stretching along with me! It was awesome! I may need to get the soundtrack! And it's a great tune to do stretches too...fyi...

Hmm...I'm pretty sure there's about a million more things that Q has learned this month. She really misses her Daddy this week. So does Killer...this cat is driving me bonkers! 2 weeks without Mike is apparently TOO LONG for him. I've even been taking him outside every day....no good...still walks around the house whining...he's even sleeping on Mike's part of the bed this week!! I miss him too, but I don't call for Daddy all day long! :) He called yesterday and Q gave the phone kisses and got a big ol' smile. She then proceeded to climb the stairs to his office as that's where she thought he was. She was very sad to see no Daddy...and very confused as to why she could still hear him! There are only a few more trips for him, though, so that's good. Study season is starting though, so he'll have to find a way to squeeze in some quality Quinn time from now until June!!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

She's learning so much! Such a fun age to see them learning new thing AND start to verbalize them!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Alex says: That's not MY Uncle Mike, it's Auntie Katie's Uncle Mike!

Uncle Mike, Uncle Mike, Uncle, Uncle Mike!!!

kborn said...

Oh, my Godson cracks me up!

new*me said...

love the Irish look :) Happy 15 months! You both made it ;) The tempers are hard to manage but the love and happy giggly kisses later make it all worth it ;)

Timmy said...

OK, so the St. Patty's day stuff makes it a teeny bit hard to read the blog. BUT, yay for Quinn and her words! Maybe we can get out there before you move, wait, you're moving? Hmm... to Milwaukee riiiight? :( We'll try to get out there, but it doesn't look overly promising...

marcyw said...

She sounds like such a busy little girl! What is this move you speak of!?