Saturday, April 25, 2009

80s and not sleeping

We saw Grandma and Grandpa to the airport today. One hot car ride...and almost ran out of gas on the BQE! I was on fumes pulling into the gas station...I just know it. I don't remember the last time I saw "328" on my miles per tank...especially with the amount of mostly "city" traffic we do!!

And it's 80s and HOT HOT HOT.

And the trees are in full bloom and grass being mowed too often. My allergies are back and badder than ever. And Q's got a crazy cough and runny nose...I think she's following in my allergy footsteps. She's been up every 2-4 hours at night and not feeling so hot. We're going to try benedryl today to see how things go...if not better by Monday...a trip to the MD. Which she'll hate because she hates the doctor and new "scary" things.

What do I mean by "scary"?? WELL, after the airport trip, I decided to go get a passport photo taken for Q. If we head to Canada anytime soon, we'll need a passport for her. She was soooo excited to sit on the tall stool...then came out the camera. MUCH larger than my camera and it was tears and screams and kicks ... even after she was shown it's "just like mommy's but larger". Guess maybe the company, nap and sleep changes, hair cut, and less Daddy time was all a little too much for her this week to add "get photo taken by a stranger". We ended up with a decent shot...

...sigh...

So, she finally went down for a nap around 4...and is still sleeping. So much for an early bedtime? We'll see as we'll head outside to enjoy the hot weather some more!!

The past 2 nights has been bedtime after 9....My goal is bed by 8 tonight for her.

Photos when she's in bed!!

1 comment:

Stacy Thomas said...

As you know, I completely understand your pain about being up all night. Hey, just think of me tonight if Q is up, we can share each other's pain knowing we're both probably up!! Ha, ha.