Monday, April 6, 2009

Not the Zoo

Well...we have officially not been to the zoo yet.

It's crazy, I know.

After Boston, I decided it's really not as much fun enjoying Quinn's first moments with no one else to share them with. She's just too hard to take out alone for longer than an hour...trip time included! Not to mention it just gets hard handling everything alone.

Mike has officially started working more hours with the retirement team in NYC...and I realized almost immediately (day 2) why I hated him working on the retirement team in MSP. I saw him for a few hours last week...mostly in the morning as he got up, showered and off to work. It took most of the weekend, too. Granted he worked from home, and some of that time he spent studying for his exam in (gulp) 7 weeks. But...it was the nicest, sunniest weekend we've had in 5 months or so, and he was inside not enjoying it at all. We had big plans to go to the zoo, as Quinn has yet to see a zoo. Plans fell through.

Argh.

The bonus was that while Quinn took her nap, I got to be outside, washing and cleaning my car, cleaning the yard, cleaning the garage...WITHOUT worrying about keeping my eyes and ears open for the little one. Oddly enough, I really enjoyed this time. It got me strangely excited to work on house chores with a house that is OURS again. I still wonder how so many leaves gather in the yard and garage when we only have a few trees in the neighborhood...I guess the wind helps with that!

The whole time I was cleaning, though, I really wanted to be preparing for a family outing. I'm hoping for Mike to be able to take a short day this week and meet us at the gardens in Park Slope. The cherry blossoms should be out this week, with all the rain and nice weather, and almost full peak. So that's our goal for this week. We'll see....

We really need a vacation that's not work associated! Fortunately for us, we will be getting a tax refund! YAY SAHM "salary"!! I would like to take a nice vacation as a relaxing getaway for both of us...and to celebrate the big 3-0 we both will hit this year. And prior to baby #2 so I can drink-it-up on this trip yet-to-be decided!!! :) And by drinking it up, I'll probably make it 2 MAYBE 3 drinks and hit the floor. But, heck, that's fine by me! Maybe after the exam in June and July...it's going to be a busy summer!!

Quinn and I did go to the park for over an hour, to let her run around in circles without my fear of cars, strange cats, and craziness. We took her green ball and a little girl shared her chalk. It was a good way to spend some time outside...except my allergies hated it a little bit! The trees are in full bloom...pretty but slightly misearble. I'm not nearly as bad here as I was in the midwest, though...not as many trees or as much grass!! I guess NYC has it's positives sides after all!! :)

I do have photos, but they're all loaded onto the tiny. slow computer...I will try to get them up later.

Hmm...what else. She's still in love with chocolate, stickers, tape, biting (my toes) and pulling things...my hair...my shirt...the blinds...blankets...the cats off the furniture by their legs and tails. Sassy girl. Needless to say, timeouts have begun. She knows how to be gentle, and has shown us gentle for months now. So, discipline stage BEGIN. I knew this was the part I wasn't going to like!

Her sassy stage usually means I'm tired or hungry. But I'm not going to feed her immediately after her being sassy!!

Her bottom right eye tooth is through, too..and the other one is almost there. Hopefully sleeping is right around the corner! She was up frequently last night, but a rock and cuddle and she was down again in no time. Only once did she demand nursing...and I gave in. We're getting slowly better though. Sigh...some day.

We're getting thunderstorms now. I find them sooo relaxing...I love the rain. Especially in spring when it's supposed to rain!! BUT, the sun is enjoyable too!! Only in NYC will you see the lawn guys mowing in the rain!!

No comments: