Monday, April 27, 2009

Not a Sitter

Hope you enjoyed the videos. Blogger won't let me load more than one video per post.

SO, as my parents got to experience last week...Q is NOT a sitter. She is in almost constant motion. Even in her stroller she's almost always forward and looking. Recently, she's started pointing. And even more recently (since Saturday), she's finally taken to sitting back and enjoying the ride. I think because it's 80 degrees and the sun is scorching...but, who knows! To sit and read must be her idea. A hug is easy...sometimes. And no kisses directly..she only blows kisses. But she does so pretty freely....animals, strangers, pets...

Her most recent moving experience is CLIMBING. Especially chairs and couches. She climbs into her own stroller. She climbs onto the couch (can get there sometimes without the footstool's help). Climbs onto our bed (but just to bounce, not cuddle and watch TV or nap). She climbs onto the patio chairs and up and down the equipment at the park. The other Moms and Grandmas often show surprise when I reply "17 months" and she's climbing so well on her own..."TOO well" is my reply.

The park has been HOT the past few days. Trying to get there early morning before it gets too warm and I can't make it the hour plus she likes (and needs) to run. I am eager for the 60s to return. 90 in April...where do I live, Mexico?

Sun-Mon---slept 10:30 to 5!
Mon-Tues--slept 7:30-6!!!!

Not sure if it's sleep, Benedryl, AC noise covering her cries...or a combination of all three. I'll take it! I never thought a pot of coffee could last so long in the AM...and full decaf today!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That's great she's sleeping so well! Whatever the reason may be!

I agree, send a bit of your warm weather this way. I'm ready for higher than 50's and 60's

Dannie said...

Ooo!! I like hearing that Q has slept through most of the night! :-)

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!