Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Shots

I think the photos speak for themselves. She sure is quite the character.











UHM, what the heck...toys are SCREWED into boxes now?! Yes...I had to get a SCREWDRIVER to open the Easter Bunny gift to Quinn...crazy!







Quinn doing her "where'd it go" pose that I see almost constantly all day long...I love it!



My goal is to be more active every day. Yes, this may sound crazy. But so many people on my "blogroll" are doing consistent "work outs" and diet changes. Heck, we can all use a little help, right?! During lent, it was my goal to have veggies with lunch and dinner. Quinn did, why not me too? Most days I was successful. On days I wasn't, I made sure to make it up another day. By the end of Lent, I was up to 5 servings some days...and it felt great! I must say my chocolate cravings increased significantly as I ate more veggies...I can't quite figure that one out. Fruit I've never had a terribly big problem with, but I also tried to include 2-3 servings a day. Overall, it worked out pretty well.

As a dietary manager, you'd think these things would come more naturally to me...ha ha. Each day is a new experience! Now that Quinn has learned "no" and a violent head shake...veggies, fruits...heck, ANY food (but chocolate...) is a chore to feed these days. I knew this day would come soon. And there's only so much chocolate she should get in a day seeing as it's the only way she's drinking milk and it's making weaning that much more difficult...

For now, we're just trying to "eat a rainbow" of foods and get outside for AT LEAST an hour each day! Rainy days are NO FUN. Windy days are worse!

6 comments:

kborn said...

What the heck...it won't let me post 2 videos in one posting...that was a wasted hour waiting!!!

Mindy said...

We have Boubly, too! That's definitely a fun way to get to an hour outside a day!
And, yes, it's so annoying trying to get toys out of their packages these days!

Sara said...

Cute pics!!!
Glad to see you found the camera.

Anonymous said...

So pretty in pink. I love the Easter dresses little girls get to wear.

Dannie said...

You need to get more activity in your day?! You're chasing around an 18 month old all day while I spend ~90% of my 8-10 hour work day on my arse in front of my computer and commuting about 45 minutes a day! Sometimes I wish I had an 18 month old to chase after. But then there's poopy diapers, sleepless nights, and breast feeding to deal w/and I'm just not ready for that...

Auntie Jenny said...

I miss her! and you. Easter wasn't the same without you. :( Although I ate enough for both of us! :) Know what good exercise is. Triathlon training? Wanna join me? July 12, baby! It feels amazing!