Tuesday, April 21, 2009

He was Crazy Too

So, Mike spoke with his folks last night. He was curious to see what he was like as a kiddo, as he's been able to interact more with Quinn lately and see the craziness I see all day long.

Apparently he was a crazy kid who didn't know "slow down". It explains SOOOOOOOOO much as I always knew there was a crazy Daddy in that girl. I still think it's why I thought I was having a boy...I KNEW there was a lot of Daddy in her and that I'd have my hands full.

I just NEVER expected the crazy monkey climbing, goofy noise making, ball tossing, running around outside getting scrapes on her knees (in a dress?!), sweet little girl. She's crazy from the minute she wakes up...and just gets crazier as she gets sleepier. Thank God she knows nap time is recharge time. If she did not take naps...I would've been working and had her in day care SOOOO fast! But I'm thankful for each day we spend together.

And can't believe what she's learning. The past (almost) 17 months, we've read and sang and danced and played...and randomly something I've taught her will peak it's head out and almost make me cry with joy and excitement. She woke up the other day and was quacking and crying...she saw her rubber duckie in her toybox from her bed and wanted to play with it. I guess I've taught her animal noises without specifically sitting down and making them...because I don't recall ever sitting down and pointing at her duck and going "quack, the duck says quack".

Dogs too...she loves all dogs. ANY dog we pass "oof oof" and she wants kisses and to pet it and hug it (yep, even from her stroller sometimes). She got puppy kisses at the park last week and LOVED it. Puppy Lola was in love with Quinn...and vice versa. The owner had 3 kids, so I knew she was "safe" to play with and not some creepy guy at a park with his dog. Lola was 4 months old and teething and playful. Q was having a great time being gently and rough at the same time. "Abuse" and playfulness she can't get with the kitties. Mike has always wanted a dog...maybe with the move....but only if Mike will be home EVER to help with him or her! I can't believe I'm actually thinking about being a dog owner. I just don't want a lab. They're too needy and playful (right, G??!!)

I was number 4 in my family, so I'm sure I was crazy too. We'll find out as my parents are on their way to visit now! They land in just a few hours and I couldn't be more excited to have company again! Mike is taking a day at home tomorrow so me and my parents are going to Broadway to see "the Little Mermaid". I'm soooo excited to get a few hours out...much less with my parents...much less without Q! I'm also excited to see how Daddy does for the day and how Q does for the day without breastfeeding.

Yes, she's still breastfeeding. I just can't seem to get out of MY routine to feed her. I think she'd be fine if weaning "just happened". It's just sooo relaxing for her before bedtime...she turns into a limp 25#. The rest of the day...I think it's just habit for her too. It's been almost a year and half...it's just one of those habits I need to try to break. With the nicer weather and playing out at parks and away from home, she does fine with no feedings and drinking water, juice and milk. It's just being at home, seeing the rocker and playing...and we're both like, oh, we missed the 3 feeding...we better get your blankie. We'll see how the next couple days go with having company and being "out of routine" for a few days.

We don't have plans to do anything too crazy. It's forcasted 70s for Thursday and Friday so we'll probably get to a park, maybe the ocean for a walk, and just RELAX. Dad wants key lime pie and fried pickles. Mom wants to play with Quinn and not walk a million stairs. I think I can work this out.... Mike and I hope to get out for a DATE NIGHT on Friday. I'd do it sooner in a heartbeat, but Quinn's not so great with "strangers" yet. I figured I'd give her a few days to warm up to them again and make it less traumatic for her. Mom and Dad don't know that yet. :)

So, I hope to get photos of our fun times up as they happen...but no promises. :)

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Enjoy the week , sounds like you will have plenty of time out and about, enjoy it!

marcyw said...

Love the monkey design!