Monday, April 6, 2009

Proud of Daddy ... and Promised Photos

As I sit here, I think that 18 months isn't that far away. Where did the time go? From feeding her every 2-4 hours...just me...in one spot...for 15-30 minutes at a time. To being able to give her a fork and two bowls and she feeds herself WELL (yes, she's actually able to poke food about 25% of the time). As I sit here, she has eaten about 1/2 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of noodles w/meat sauce. She has reached onto the table to get the washcloth as she is mostly clean of the tomato sauce--hands face and hair. The bib is coming off, she's taken her cup to have her drink and she's saying DOOOOOOW DOWEEE DOWE.

And regarding the previous post about Mike working. I'm very proud of him and he's great at what he does. If his coworkers weren't sure he could be helpful and resourceful, they wouldn't have asked him to help. It's just frustrating being on the family side of things. Part of me really wants to work again. Then I look at what I'd make in the workforce (especially here) compared to childcare and commuting costs...and realize home is where the heart is! I can not even imagine how Mike feels missing bedtime and stories and seeing the little developmental milestones (sometimes days) after I see her become such a little person! There are lots of other blogger dads out there that I'm sure feel the same way about their kids. SO, I'm thankful for any time we get as a family and try to take videos and photos for Daddy! Keep up the good work, Daddy, we're proud of you!







yep, the ball even had to go on the swing with her!



5 comments:

Mindy said...

She looks so big at the park!!!

And, I understand your work frustration. Even though Jon is home way more predictibly than Mike, I do get annnoyed when he gets home late, or when I go to meet him for lunch, but have to wait for him to help the line of people waiting outside of his office before we can go. It's definitely a fine balance of being proud of them and their successful careers and being jealous that work gets so much of their time!

Shanna said...

I love her summer outfit:)

TB--Milwaukee said...

We're making more money now than when I worked. It's worth it to stay home, may not seem like it all the time, but you have a job that many parents can only dream of.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Can't wait to go to the park and/or zoo with her.

Mike is working hard, but it won't last forever! Hope you get the vacation you both deserve soon. Maybe you guys could sneak away for a few hours when Dad and I visit.

xxoo

Mom

Carolyn said...

Is her hair getting lighter???