Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"camera go?"

Yep, that's what I asked Quinn this morning..."camera go?!" It's MIA. I took it to the park with us on Sunday afternoon and took some cute video and photos...and I can't find it. Story of my life...oh well.

We ended up having a very peaceful weekend. We planned to go to the zoo or park on Saturday...the downpouring rain cancelled that. However, Daddy and Q got to spend lots of time together and it gave me time to get some organizing and cleaning done. It's suffered BIG TIME with the nicer weather and spending time outside instead of inside cleaning. I never thought I'd be so relieved to wash floors, counters, cabinets, shelves, etc AND not have to worry about Q tripping me! I still can't beleive we worked almost the whole day on just cleaning and organizing...still so much to do! And we ended the day with a trip to Outback! Yummy steak, shrimp, tuna and beer!

Easter was quiet. Quinn did well in church. She's used to having almost a whole pew to herself though, and didn't really like the 4 feet we had instead. Also, she was poopy but there was no way we were going to get to the other side of church to the bathroom...I briefly considered leaving and coming back for the next mass. But she seemed ok, and wasn't terribly smelly so we thought maybe it was gas so we stayed. And her poor little butt suffered...I felt awful, but it got better by the end of the day. I told her "just get potty trained and you won't have to worry about this rash anymore".

Her skin is SO sensitive! We used pampers wipes on her up until about 3 months ago and I switched to the chlorine-free ones. I had a pack of pampers ones left and used them last week...diaper rash came back almost instantly. They leave her skin just a little damp and that causes all sorts of chaos. SO, back to the chlorine-free. We still have yet to switch lotions. I've just been using cooler bath water and it seems to be better. Bath time is quicker now as the water gets cold in about 5 minutes (versus the 20 minutes I used to get)...but it's almost time for outside swimming, so I think that'll be a nice change for her. And if it helps her skin...maybe short daily baths will have to be the "new thing".

Only one week until Grandma Mary and Grandpa Joe visit! I'M SOOOOO EXCITED to have real conversations during the day! As a Mother's Day/Father's Day present, the 5 (I guess it's really 16...) of us are chipping in to send them to The Little Mermaid on Broadway. It means they'll probably see only a little of Quinn that day...but it's Broadway! And The Little Mermaid! Dad does that show about 2-4 times in Disney World...I think they'll enjoy the show on stage! (FYI: Rebarchik and Brefka will owe us that money).

Our Spring music semester starts today too. Quinn is cooperating with her "Tuesday music class" routine as she was up before 7 and is napping now. So we will be happy, awake, and fed for our 1:30 music class. I'm excited to see who will be back and who will join us this semester. We have class through June...and then ... wow ... we'll have to be thinking about our move!

Our move ... to ... wherever we can find jobs and day care! I don't really want to work full time again, but if I have to, I have to. We'll see where the next few months take us. Mike's in the last few weeks before his (hopefully) final exam and I'm in my last few weeks of earning my continuing education credits so I don't have to retake any exams. And since we're paying for this out of pocket...and since we're paying for it...it seems silly to have me not utilizing my degree and letters at this time. Again...we'll see where the next few months take us.

Hopefully I'll find the camera soon and get those photos to y'all!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hope you didn't leave your camera at the park!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried making your own wipes? Nice part is you know what's in them, and they are a cost saver.

Love the photos, and love you all, too!

Peachy