Thursday, April 16, 2009

Craft Time

I never realized how much I enjoyed my few hours every week to work on scrapbooks, wedding preparations, baby preparations, party invites, etc. Since the wedding, I've been pretty busy. I did a scrapbook for Dannie's wedding shower ... and that's all I've done since the wedding. I don't even have MY wedding shower books done yet! Or A SINGLE baby or pregnancy page. Where does my time go? I really miss it. Two and a half years without it...seems like just yesterday I was moving from my one bedroom apt into Mike's house.

And now...well...there's no room in the inn. The "craft room" has turned into "baby boxes" and storage...my stuff is in there somewhere. I think I'm just going to pack it all up and hope our next place to live will be more "craft friendly". It will be sad to see it go into boxes....but it's just one less thing to worry about! I can get one room packed and seriously use it as storage....time's flying by!

No new photos. Quinn's learning every day though. She gets up this morning, is looking at her toy basket when I get in there going "uh, uh, uh". I take her out. She runs to her box and says "wack wack" and picks up her pink duck. WHAT?! I asked her, 'what does a duck say'. No response. But then runs over to me with the duck in hand, "wack wack!". I said, 'yep, that's a duck, quack quack'. And for the next few minutes she's gong "wack wack wack wack".

Upon rare occasion she'll respond to "what does a (fill blank in) say?!" and she'll say. but most of the time, she'll respond to...

me "duck'
Q "wack"

"dog"
"oof af"

"cat"
"baa" (yep...but it's different than...)

"sheep"
"aaaahhh"

"monkey"
"ooooooohhh oooohhhhhh"

etc. If you start with "what does a .... " She won't answer. And she won't usually answer if she's just sitting. She'll answer as she's playing. So, at the park on the slides, playing with blocks...etc...she'll usually play the games. As well as body parts. She won't do it if you as 'where is your...'. but if you just say "ear" or "mouth"....if she feels like it....she'll point out on you, then her. It's cute.

We're starting on shapes and colors. we'll see how that goes.

As for now, her early morning nap is over and it's LUNCH TIME! Then THE PARK! 57 is the estimated temperature...maybe we'll go to the beach...the wind is calm today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about crafts. We moved to Grafton 3+ years ago and I still haven't opened my box of "crafts to finish", so don't feel bad. It makes a huge difference when you have a little one running around.

Can't wait to see Quinn and how many things she's learned since Christmas! See you in 5 days!!

Love,
Mom

Jill said...

Speaking of moving... We might be moving back to Minne in a year. Tim misses BBY.