Friday, June 5, 2009

Crash-sh-sh!

How do I know Quinn's getting taller?

CRASH-SH-SH has been one of the most popular sounds in the house this week.

Result: one broken glass, one broken photo coaster (sorry cousin Alex!), and one broken glass bowl.
Oh, and no scrapes or cuts!

She can reach anything that is on the edge of the counter (or 6" from the edge apparently). And she can reach almost everything on the kitchen table. And she can reach almost everything on our pseudo-desk in the dining room. And if there's a box or bag poking over the side of something...she grabs it and sometimes there's stuff on top of the box that goes flying that does break (thank you Corelle dishes...apparently they don't always shatter when hitting marble floors!).

Oh, besides the crashing, she's also growing out of her clothes! :)


To start moving prep, I started boxing up my crafting supplies today. A lot of boxes have been packed...and many many to go! So much for my crafting room I was so excited to have. It's pretty much been storage only since we moved in, so taking everything down and packing it away isn't terribly traumatic. Having it all put away will mean one less room to pack....and a whole room to store packed boxes!

My next big moving project will be sorting through Quinn's stuff...toys, car seats, blankets, bottles, and clothes that are too small. And sorting them into boxes by size/age as right now there are newborn outfits with her current stuff yet! I'm not sure how that happened...but...it'll be nice to have it organized for the move so we can just put it into storage and not have to worry about it until baby #2 someday. Maybe my organized friend Jill can help with it next week :)

I can't believe it took most of the day to pack one room....that we're never in. Scares me to hit up the kitchen and bathrooms!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Packing is fun....do you know how long it took us to pack up 72nd Street????? We've been here 3 years and I still haven't unpacked everything...I'm still missing stuff. Just be sure to label everything!!

Be glad that Q didn't get your Disney figurines. You will have to get a curio with a "super lock" on it when the time comes! :) :)

Love ya,
Mom

Shanna said...

I am dreading packing the kitchen things also, ugghhhh, moving is not fun.