Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wheelchair Fun

Second wheelchair ride yesterday.

Because my Mom told me to!

Yep, I missed the last stair again on Sunday...just as we were headed to Coney Beach and the aquarium as a family! Well, 22esws`q1 (Q says hi), I rested for the day and it still hurt pretty bad and the top of my foot is obviously bruised. So after we got Jill from the airport, then got some food for lunch, Jill and Q took naps (kind of like when the Kach's visited...!!) and I expected to make a quick call to verify where I should go...

....2 hours later I find out there's an urgent care not 2 miles away...why it took that long WHO KNOWS...gotta love insurance phone operators. And the nurse care line through Mike's work strongly suggested I have it looked at too.

So, I called them and they were like, there's only one other person here, should be quick.

SO luckily Jill wanted to watch Q and take her to the park and get ice cream and feed her dinner and put her to bed...although I figured I wouldn't be in the hospital for 2 1/2 hours...alone. Oh, it's just a sprain...ice and elevation. Whatever.

What a boring day!!!

I didn't realize how much I relied on Q's diaper bag for my source of fluids and snacks...I kept looking for it...and it was with my daughter. How sad! OH, and no cell coverage so that sucked.

And Mike called Jill before he left work and informed Jill of Q's bedtime routine.

It was odd to come home and not see my kid! She took a long nap yesterday, and we spent most of the morning in the car to/from LGA. I feel like I didn't get any time with her yesterday. It made me really not want to work and miss any of her fun play time!

Right now we're getting the rain that you guys in the Midwest have had...it's really raining!!

And the rest of the house is waking up now...thunder or kiddo.

So, rainy day today....probably Target and Petsmart! And maybed some photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you spent so long getting your foot looked at, but thanks for making ME feel better! :) :) Take care of it and rest as much as possible. Glad to see you still "listen to Mom".....:) :) At least somebody does!
Thanks, Jill, for being a good babysitter!

Love you....kisses to Q.

Mom

Stacy Thomas said...

So, it wasn't broken, though?

Dannie said...

Sorry about the sprained ankle -- that really sucks (I should know!!). Listen to the doc and your mom though and take it easy. But also make sure you move it as soon as you can. You'll need to get the blood flowing down there so after icing it a couple days you'll want to apply some warmth. If you want those exercises let me know.