Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Last Hours

So, in these last hours we have the pleasure of Jill's company, I am reminded of our busy day yesterday by the dehyrdation headache and aching body.

We saw A LOT yesterday and walked even more! I can't remember the last day I walked this much...it even tops the walking around Brooklyn, over bridge, around NYC and back over Brooklyn Bridge day with Dannie a few weeks back.

And I think I have one photo to remember the day! But, I've been a little selfish like that this week JUST ENJOYING being with Q and having company instead of feeling the need to take photos of every moment. When I have the camera out, I focus too much on getting the shot and not as much enjoying where we are. I'm not sure how many more trips out and about we'll get before we move, so I've been enjoying second visits to places in the city and around.

We headed for the subway at about 11ish and go to the SI ferry a little after noon. Hungry. So we stopped for some grub, spotted the statue. Listened to the ocean through some tube/vent thing that Q LOVED. Watched some street performers dance around a little bit...Q got too fussy for us to see them jump over 5 ppl standing up...but oh well. Then we headed on the green line north to Central Park. Walked the park from the Met (80s-ish) to 75th...through the park to the East side at 75th....very hilly and I was talking to Mike so Jill got the pleasure of the very steep hills and pushing Q....in flip flops. Thanks Jill!!

We stopped by Strawberry Fields for a sit and to let Q run out a little of her overtired energy. At this time it's about 3:30 and she still hasn't had a wink of shut eye since she woke up at about 7:30...totally odd for my little one.

Once Jill and I had enough energy, we continued our walk to FOA....68th and 5th....and we're at the equivalent of 75th and 8th-ish...so a about 2 miles maybe? Almost as soon as we left Central Park, Q was sleeping. I reclined her back a little and hoped she'd get at least 30 minutes of shut eye. So whatever the distance was that we walked to FAO...we walked it slowly as we anticipated she would wake up when we got there. We saw some cool buildings, about 4 Trump Towers, lots of street vendors, and I almost even bought some stuff. Guess I'll have to make one more trip out for final purchases.

She woke up about 5 minutes after we got to the toy store. Jill got her photo taken with Chewbacca...who shot her!!! And after we walked the store, almost bought Harry Potter wands but they were out...I realized Mike should leave work "early" and come home with us. It was about 5:30 when I called and we met up with him at 30 Rock about 6. Yep, that was another walk, in the rain this time, from 68th to 49th and 5th.

Q needed some food so we stopped and got muffins, fruit and yogurt. Of course she wanted to share all of our food, and none of us can say no... :)

We hopped on the train and were home by 7:30.

Q played with her new "classic toys" from FAO...a harmonic (thanks Jill) and a wind-up train. OH, and Mike and I bought her a set of wood blocks from an antique store on Sunday. So, she has 3 new favorite toys. About 8 I decided it was time to try to put her down.

She nursed because I was uncomfortable and went right down without a peep. Nursing, while we're at it. She nurses 1-2 times a day now and if she wakes up at night. i'm noticing many of my shirts are baggy now. Eh, oh well. She prefers lactaid over soy...stupid lactaid being twice as expensive! And her sweet tooth is developing BIG TIME so we've been limiting A LOT MORE to how much she gets and water over juice and all that fun stuff. She still loves ice and crunching it.

Over all, it was a busy day yesterday! But a good day. I think Jill will agree it was a tiring day. She leaves for the airport today...we'll miss her! Q looks at her every morning like "wait, and who are you" and then very much loves having her around. She's great with Q and will make a great Mom someday!

Speaking of which, she watched Q on Sunday while Mike and I enjoyed Star Trek and a light dinner for his 30th birthday but 31st Flag Day. :) I think those were his words to my dad, so don't give me credit. It was a nice day away...and Q's apparently crabbiest day ever! Jill (finally) got her to bed...but a phone call woke her up! Sometimes it's the smallest things that set that girl off. Luckily (I guess) we were pulling up the driveway as Jill was about to go tend to her and was SOOOOOOO glad to see us. Both Jill and Quinn! :) They had a good day...but Q doesn't seem quite ready for us to be gone all day and at bedtime...and Jill isn't ready for a toddler. As I say...there's a reason they start small and grow in stages...so you get used to each stage and increased activity! :)

So, off to play with my darling girl...yay breakfast!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

holy busy! i'm tired just reading this! Whew!