Thursday, June 11, 2009

Night Out for Mommy!

Jill and I had big plans to do some shopping in SoHo yesterday...Quinn's late and long nap put a damper on those plans. Oh, and then the fact that we were doing a 'Q exchange' with Mike on the Subway line and the time and place kept changing! Mostly because I still don't really know how long it takes to get anywhere on the subway....or on the streets...especially at "rush hour" pedestrian-wise...and with a stroller...and a bum foot....

SO, once we found Mike and walked Broadway from 33rd to 42nd...and then to 9th and back to 6th...we handed over the "getting crankier but in a better mood since she saw Times Square lights" Quinn and headed to meet Amanda for 3-Ds in East Village (dinner, drinks, and dessert). I honestly can't remember the name of place we ate dinner.

We got there about 6:45-ish and it was pretty dead. I think Amanda said something to the effect of 'you're open, right?' By the time we left around 9...the place was PACKED. Yes, the place was very much open and very good!! My food was still hot as they took some of it away as I just couldn't finish the most delicious risotto I've ever eaten. I don't get to eat HOT HOT meals very frequently as Q is often priority 1 at meal times. So it was really nice!

Then after we stuffed ourselves, we headed to Veniero's for dessert. Cheesecake for me, fruit tarts for Jill and Amanda. OOOOH, so good.

Q and Mike had a good night, too. A trip home on the subway. A small dinner (dinner has not been a successful meal lately) and playing. She also was awake at 6am...sigh...short night of sleep and coffee for Mom today!

This morning highlights have included a cup of bobby pins, cottage cheese, cookie crisp, and Seasame Street ducks. Yes, PBS has been a big part of our life since we got the new 37" tv and hooked it up in our main floor living room. Q dances and spins and claps and laughs...and then plays on. I have yet to hook up my radio again, as our mornings used to consist of CDs and music...we need to get back to that a little bit. But it is nice to catch a little bit of news on some mornings too!...without venturing the treacherous basement stairs!

And yes, my foot is better, but still sore! After yesterday's adventures, it was very large and sore. Today not so much.

On a final note...huh...rain delays NYC airports? All 3 are running about an hour delay or more! I think we're going to head out for a day of shopping in some "cute" areas of Brooklyn...and to Target. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun, but take care of that foot!! Rest is the only thing that will really help, and it sounds like you are not getting much of that. Q should be watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", too, I think.....hmmmmmmmmm :) :)

xxooo
Mom