Thursday, May 22, 2008

FIFTEEN DOLLARS?!?!

OKAY NOW, SERIOUSLY?!?!

I was a little upset when I heard that it was now going to cost money to check 2 bags on a flight. But I can see how it can save money as maybe some people travel heavy. But NOW it's $15 to check ONE bag!

What the F**K?!?!?

This is going to be a nightmare for the larger planes and flights where (before the $15/bag and I'm sure it'll increase) too many people bring their larger "carry on" bags that don't fit well anywhere and then they'll have to take them back and check them at the door and flights are going to be even later and this is ridiculous. Why aren't they charging people who bring more than a small purse or small backpack/laptop bag to bring their bag on? Don't they see that the extra weight is from 45/50 people carrying their bags to be checked at the gate, not checked baggage? The last few flights I've been on, at least 75% of the people are carrying on their clothes, et al, not checking luggage. And having the larger bags REALLY makes security lines a nightmare and long...people cramming stuff in there and it takes TSA longer to scan them and ugh....

...breathe...

Oh, stupid gas prices are driving me crazy. I just thank God every day that I'm not driving much anymore! There's NO WAY I would've been able to afford day care and driving to Fgtn every day on the salary I was making (and I was making decent money). I can only imagine what it's like for those who were trying hard to make it BEFORE all these prices started skyrocketing!

How the heck are people like me who want to visit family that live far away supposed to afford it!?!?! Especially when I'm travelling with a kid so I have twice the amount of stuff?

AND gas is over $4/gallon here. How is anyone supposed to enjoy their vacation days when no one can afford to vacation because it costs too much to travel anywhere! Who wants to take vacation days to sit at home every year?

And with that, I'm going to go make our $30 worth of baggage for our trip to Arizona tomorrow worth every penny! Those bags will be 50 pounds each if I need to add rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dannie said...

Check to see if it was in effect when you purchased your tickets because if the prices weren't in effect, then they can't charge you. I read about this yesterday. Hopefully they realize it's a stupid thing and will change, but I don't think they will. With the liquid banned and knowing that there are people who have more liquids than allowed in a carry-on will have to check baggage, they know they can get more money. Really they should charge the idiots who bring more than they should as a carry-on causing a holdup in boarding the plane. But that's just my two cents.

We'll see how much gas is in northern Wisconsin soon... I don't think it'll be pretty. :-(

Christine and Curt said...

crazy! but good to know!

Anonymous said...

my kitchen is done!! that is good news.. that cost a lot more than plane fare or gas money!!

Anonymous said...

I still think flying is cheaper than driving anywhere...and you get there faster. Gas is $4.20 here!!

Safe travels.

XXOO
Mom