Monday, May 19, 2008

Shopping and Gas

WOW! When did gas hit $4.09/gallon??!!

I got a Sunday morning shopping without Quinn! I was gone for 3 hours and felt like I was missing something the whole time! It was odd being able to maneuver the aisles with no problems (wheels sticking & toys being tossed). I found 3 possible skirts for the wedding.

I needed a shirt to go with the skirts and Mike suggested I try Dress Barn as I've had luck there in the past. Well, I found one in an okay neighborhood today just 10 miles (35 minutes) away! So, there I actually found 2 dresses that fit (none of the dresses at Kohl's fit right with nursing size vs waist size).

So, now we'll have to see which Mike likes the best. :-) Maybe I'll post photos for some votes tomorrow!

ALSO by that Dress Barn was an IHOP! I'm super excited about that because the drive wasn't really all that bad and IHOP is the best ever! Most of the local diners have really great breakfast, but those IHOP commercials get me craving sometimes. I also passed 8 McD's, 2 BKs, a KFC, and 3 Cold Stone Creameries........and wanted something from every place. However, I decided to wait it out and eat it another day....ate PB & J when I got home.

Eating the PB & J -- and watching Quinn's reactions as it did so -- made me realize we skipped her cereal at lunch today. She was totally jealous I was eating and she just got milk. So, we'll have to get her some cereal at dinner tonight. We found out she likes it "chunky" not so "soupy". I guess if she wanted her food to be liquidy, she'd be okay with "just milk".

We have only a few days until Phoenix! I bought an inflatable tube for her so we can all enjoy the pool (hopefully my suit fits--I haven't tried!). Gma R also bought us a swimsuit (she found a couple on clearance last fall for like, $1...). We tried on cousin Abbie's from when she was 6 months old....ha ha ha...it wasn't close to fitting (listed as 6-9 mo). I believe the one the fit was 12-15 month... She's a big gal! :) Can't wait until next Wednesday when we get the "official" doctor measurements and analysis of Q's development.

But really, when did gas hit $4.09/gallon???

No comments: