Saturday, May 17, 2008

Why Buy Toys When . . .


. . . Quinn's favorite toys are tags?


She's an adorable little traveler these days. I left her alone for a few minutes to switch laundry today, left her in this position on the floor. I came back to her kicking the tv with her feet...she spun herself around and kicked her way to the tv (I'm guessing as she was still on her back). I'm not looking forward to the days where she's truly getting into everything!

She's eating semi-solids better, I'm not sure if I mentioned that lately. She hasn't had any adverse reactions of sorts on the cereal...not sure what to add next as we haven't technically talked to our pediatrician about starting solids. I just sorta started feeding her cereal because her feedings were getting shorter and less frequent and I was concerned she wasn't getting enough. Now she only nurses about 7 times a day, but for longer periods. I've also started giving her the cereal at lunch time, as she's too cranky in the morning or evening to eat properly.

Our 6-month well-child is the Wednesday after we get back from Phoenix so, a week and a half. I'm excited to hear how she compares to other children and what the doctor thinks of how much she has grown! Last time we were at the doctor, she was still sleeping most of the day. Now I'm lucky to get 2 good (longer than 10 minutes) naps a day from her.

I'm hoping to find a dress tomorrow. I'm going to go shopping alone somewhere, or we're taking a family trip to the mall. We'll see how Quinn is feeling in the morning...and if I feel like shopping for a dress!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little girl is so adorable. Hope you find a dress soon. After cereal I started fruits...then veggies.....FYI. Check with your sisters on that as they are more "up to date" on what pediatricians recommend. My baby is almost 26! Will have pictures of WiNi on Snapfish soon. He's a cutie, too!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, solid foods are wonderful, really helps to fill a tummy. I usually made all of ours, just blended or smashed up whatever we were eating. Our pediatrician recommended veggies before fruits, because sometimes once the baby tastes the sweet stuff, veggies aren't as fun.

Love you!
Mary Peachy

Dannie said...

Cute! Happy almost six months to Quinn!

Christine and Curt said...

happy six months quinn!!!!!! Keep growing! hope you find a fabulous dress. Have you gone to Target?!?!! They sell decent dresses for under $30. THey are made of that stretchy, flowy stuff with nice drape.

Mindy said...

Natalie did the same thing with the tags. Silly girls! Did you have any luck shopping this weekend?