Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wisconsin

So, Midwesterners. The only really "bad weather" day we had was Mike's first day in Minnesota! Since then, we've had sunshine and 70 (degrees) today! Not too shabby, we did what we could.

I decided to extend my trip to the Midwest with a trip to Wisconsin to see Grandma and Grandpa R. Jill was awesome enough to take a LATE drive back Sunday night (got to Grafton about 2am) so we saved some money with no need for a one-way car rental. Thanks, Jill! So, Quinn and I will be flying back to NYC on Thursday EARLY morning (thanks, Nate!).



We've encountered some more firsts, too. Little dogs, toe touching and my first day being the sole provider for two kids (since babysitting days of yore, that is)!!




First meeting with a LITTLE dog (not Cosmo or Mocha) at Great Aunt Mary Kay's house in Apple Valley.





We spent some time outside this morning, as I was the caretaker for two children, Quinn and my neice Hailey. Quinn is sporting her new windbreaker coat I found at a Minnesota garage sale.



Hailey decided she did not want to smile for the camera as it is more fun to play in the sand. She does not like to be dirty, though, so every speck of sand that hit her was almost immediately brushed away.

Hailey has been a huge helper with getting Quinn dressed, changed, and entertained today. Every 10 minutes or so, "I poop" (potty training...she hasn't poo-ed yet) or "Quinn poopy" and she starts to undress her (she hasn't pooed yet either). It's been a long day! Now, though, Hailey is sleeping so I get my first moments alone with my daughter since last week Tuesday! We both miss our NY routine, but have been happy to be back to the midwest.

No comments: