Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thank You's from our Phoenix Trip (added to)

So, a few public thank you's to some readers.

Thanks to Granny and Papa for being so wonderful with assisting us all financially for this trip to Sara's wedding. I know Mike and I appreciate it greatly, I'm sure the rest of the family does too! A special thanks to Papa for helping me clean up the wine from the floor and door while everyone else just pointed and laughed. (Yes, I managed to walk STRAIGHT into the glass door that exited onto the patio holding a glass of wine...anyone seen the commercial "open door" and the girl splats right into the door? That's kinda what I did except holding wine...the door was open most of the weekend...except not then. It was really clean!) Anyway, we all know I'm blonde.

Thanks to Grandpa Chuck and Grandma Judy for the baby outfits and her first sippy cup! Thanks also for being so great with Quinn in the water and for taking care of her when Mike, Scott & I went to Sedona. Grandpa Chuck also fed her her morning banana from a BIG spoon yesterday--I didn't have time in the airport to do it, so she got her fruit for the day.

Thanks to Carol and Kevin for the ADORABLE dress for the wedding and for giving Q lots of squeezes when you were around. Carol, I can't wait to see the beer photos. :-)

Thanks to Ann, Rudy, Tricia, & Travis for not running away from the house the first night when Quinn was overtired and screaming like she only screams when she gets her vaccinations. Quinn obviously felt your love as she was a good little girl the rest of the weekend. Thanks for helping out with any Quinn tasks I didn't take notice too over the weekend, too. We can't wait to get adorable for the October wedding. Tricia let me know what you need help with between now and then! I'll see you a few days before the wedding (if not before should you want to come out and visit before then).

Thanks to all the Roberts' for taking photos at the wedding! Also thanks for any photos that may have come from your Mexican dinner when we were in Sedona. I would LOVE any of them that you can share with me! I'll steal some from T's Facebook page.

Thanks the Streges and Marbles for a wonderful weekend of events. Bagels for life (I'm going through withdrawal I think...), rehearsal dinner (and leftovers), and the wedding day---could you have asked for a better weekend with better weather?! Extend our thanks to Eric for making the trip to the airport with the car seat when we arrived to town. Having it for the entire weekend with no "lap travel" was yet another worry alleviated by Patty's planning--THANKS! Hope there were no problems picking it up from Dollar.

Sara and Matt--you looked like you were having the time of your life this weekend with all your family and friends surrounding you with support and love. Just think--times only get better!! Congrats again and I hope you're enjoying your honeymoon and not reading this blog until you return home!

Patty, the clothes are too adorable! I'm soooo excited to put her in the pink trench coat! It was also a huge convenience to borrow the pack-n-play, car seat, high chair, and towels from you and your friends. Please extend our thanks to them as well. (there was also a card on the high chair from Carol for you--taped on--in case she didn't tell you). Thanks a ton! I hope you got enough quality Q time as you were pretty busy all weekend to visit a ton. :-)

The one thing I forgot to do was get photos of all the couples and families for Q's photo album. If any of you have some you can share, preferable of you with Q, I'd appreciate you sending them my way!

So, in case all you not-in-Phoenix this weekend readers can't tell, Mike's family was extremely helpful this weekend and we had a wonderful trip. Even if my name is "red--red lobster" as my legs are fried like chicken and it made the 4 hour + flight yesterday pretty much hell. Photos and her 6-month well-child update (appointment today) will be coming later today or tomorrow. I can't wait to see her official weight and length--she's causing me neck pressure from carrying her--we're officially taking the small stroller with us to the airport now!! Carrying her is getting ridiculous and cumbersome! Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to move my head and neck with full rotation again.

No comments: