Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Already??

So I had intentions of posting for the past few days....

My first Mother's day (as a mom and not preggo) was great. I only changed 2 diapers the WHOLE DAY! Mike brought home blueberry cheesecake (was and is fantastic--it's hard for 2 people to eat a whole cheesecake!!). Quinn slept a lot (because she tends to sleep all day on Sundays). We got Chinese food and ate on the patio (even though it was only about 60 degrees). We went for a walk around the neighborhood and park down the block. And Mike bought some Mother/Daughter books and some books on what to do in Brooklyn with kids. SO, Quinn and I should be having some focused adventures....outside the mile radius of the house! The day ended by watching the Twins beat the Red Sox on ESPN while drinking a cherry wheat beer.

It was a great day, THANKS MIKE! I love you!

I haven't taken too many photos the past few days...nothing too exciting to take photos of, I guess. We're finally settling back into our "routine"--just in time to leave for Arizona next week! I hope Quinn's congestion clears up a little before then. Wow, Arizona is next week already....I need a dress!! Any suggestions??? I'm looking for something that can double for the wedding and the baptisms in July. Suggestions??

We have our 6 month well-child appointment scheduled for the end of the month (after Arizona). Quinn weighed in (not as precise as the doctor scale) at 18.5# the other day. My little chunk! She has been "eating" about a tablespoon of cereal every day (that takes about 15-30 minutes and most of it gets blotted out of her mouth with her bib). She hasn't had any strange reactions so far, she's still getting used to having something in her mouth that isn't spit-up that is supposed to be swallowed. She's extremely interested in everything Mike and I eat and drink, but when it comes to her turn--she just wants the milk! She sucks the cereal off the spoon--it's cute. Overall, I think we're almost ready to include some other baby foods into the mix to see if she is grasping the eating idea at all or if she's just plain not ready or if it's just the bland rice cereal that is keeping her from eating more.

She's very close to rolling over consistently. She starts and balances on her shoulder and whines and falls over again. You literally just have to barely poke her and she'll turn over. It's awesome. She does better from her tummy to her back...not sure why.

She still likes to slam her feet on the ground when she's really excited and playing...surprised she hasn't broken any of those bones!

She's still in love with our kitties. They're growing more tolerant of her. They won't run away every time we come close to them anymore. She's been able to pet them for awhile every day too when before they'd run as soon as she came close. Maybe some day they will be friends.

Can't wait to see photos from my parents after this week! They are watching my sister Kristin's kids in Kaukauna this week. I'm sure Dad will get some cute shots of the girls and WiNi!

Off to tend to my baby that Daddy woke up as he just left for work....

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ann Taylor Loft. Cute dresses, waaay comfortable. I just bought a black and white jersey cotton dress that has smocking at the top AND it has shoulder straps! Hard to find those kinds of dresses that aren't tube! Plus, they aren't even that expensive. I think I paid $30 for mine.