Thursday, March 13, 2008

Home and Quiet

Expecting "Peace and Quiet" as the title? Well, the landscaping in the neighborhood has begun (or continued??) this week as we're still blessed with 50 degree weather and trees budding (and my allergies kicking in...). I've been graced with the fighting sounds of Quinn's babbling against lawnmowers, weed-wackers, shovels (yes, amazingly, shovels make noise!), and power sprayers.

The power sprayers are still going, but I am fortunate enough to have Quinn sleeping right now. I love her babbling dearly, and encourage her to repeat noises and babble as she pleases, but my ears can really only take so much of her excited high-frequency screeches!!! Here's what she looks like now...



Yep, falling asleep playing again! I'd love to move her and put her in a different, more suitable resting place, but she seriously will be babbling one second, and be out like a light the next. It's this crazy, quasi-narcoleptic behavior. She's somehow sleeping through the noises outside...so be it! She still does not like "tummy time" and is losing all the hair on the back of her head. So, not only does she have the crazy, stand up hair on top...but there's almost none in the back anymore!! So, she's ... opposite bald! It looks ridiculous...but, we're working on at least sitting up so she's not always rubbing the back of her head on the ground/bouncy chair. She's not quite stable enough for an activity chair...but I think we're getting closer!!

As far as "home" is concerned, I have unpacked my ceramic Disney figurines for the first time since they were in Mom's cabinet...four years ago??

It's my way of trying to make New York feel more like "home". And they'll have to be moved before long as Quinn will be grabbing for them in no time. I'm hoping the cats (well, Eggo mostly) will stay off the shelves and leave them be. We'll find out if they can resist the pretty colors on the shelf.

Mike has a friend, Robin, coming for the weekend. She will probably be joining me for my museum tour tomorrow, but she has other friends in the area so she may meet up with them instead. Regardless, it will be nice to show yet another Minnesota friendly face our rented neighborhood. And it's a good reason to leave the house and be a tourist. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us. Tomorrow's museum trip will be the first NYC museum I've been in, so I can't wait!!

And the Quinn quiet was short-lived...off to be Mom some more!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quinn has the Olinger trait. Can be talking one minute and sleeping the next. She looks so beautiful laying there. Olingers can also sleep anywhere.

Thanks for keeping this updated.

Love you all, Carol

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see all my "Disney friends" again....keep that Eggo off that shelf!!!

Love you,
Mom

Mindy said...

When Natalie was almost ready for her excersaucer, we stuffed a couple of blankets around her so she was a little more stable. Just an idea!