Thursday, March 6, 2008

Three Month Well-Child (at 15 weeks!)

Well, my trip to Wisconsin delayed my promptness with getting Quinn in "on-time" for her 3-month well-child appointment. But, the doctor was not concerned we made it in "to-the-day" as Quinn's been growing up so well.

Let me start with I'm glad I've only had to go to the pediatrician office for the well-child check-ups. We've done much traveling and tourist activities her first few months and she's been as healthy as can be. YAY!

I never know how long I'll be at the office (I waited about 2 hours to be seen last time). They had 3 doctors in today (with the same amount of rooms) so it was a little slower, but not awful. The room was packed with children of all ages..a newborn, another 3-month old, a few 2 year old and a couple more older than that. It was fun seeing them all interact with each other and made me wonder which one Quinn will be most like.

The stats:
She gained 3#, so she is now 15#3oz, 90th percentile.
She grew 3", she is now 25.5", 90th percentile.
Her head/brain grew 3cm, is now 40cm, 50th percentile (improved from 25th percentile).
At her last appointment I was most worried about the head circumference as it's a brain measurement to a degree and I want a smart baby! But, Mike's fitted hats don't fit me (too small!) and he's smarter than I am (in some ways). SO, I was very glad to see her catch up here.

She got 2 more vaccinations and handled them well. She was sleepy, so she was already crabby. Doctor R. stated she had great head control, wonderful development, and was growing well. We won't be starting solids this month, so we'll have a relatively clean baby for another month. :) He also said that it was amazing she sleeps 6-hour stretches at all (even if it is occasionally during the day or from 9pm - 3am.

She's also very much in her "oral" stages now...if something touches her hand, she grasps it and it goes in the mouth. One of her new favorite games is "stick out the tongue, grab it, and pull". She's fascinated with watching me talk to her and moves her tongue as I talk...when she's awake enough to enjoy the interactions!

SO, that's our baby Quinn....she's doing well! We'll be seeing Dr. R. again in a couple weeks for her 4-month well-child check-up.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hooray, a good check-up! I love well-baby visits. It's so fun to see how the stats have changed. Natalie has a SUPER small head circumference-I think it was in the 3rd percentile last visit. But, the doctor said as long as the circumference growth stays on the upward curve, there are no worries.

Christine and Curt said...

nice update. quinn is a cutie