Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Pi Day

I was too exhausted to blog about my day when we got home at about 9:15pm, so I was unable to wish y'all Happy Pi Day! So, happy day after. :)


We had an exciting pi day, leaving home about 10am; Robin, Quinn and myself.
We made it to the mommy Met museum day just after 11:30am (2 subways!!). Quinn met lots of other babies and we had a good time. I decided to not take the stroller and carry her, as the subway system in Brooklyn isn't so easy to use with a stroller. I sorta forgot that Robin was the tourist and it would be a long day in NYC--so carrying my almost 16# baby, 10# backpack with baby supplies, and walking the Met, and much of NYC was quite the chore! Let's say I was very happy to meet up with Mike around 6, because I was ready to lessen my load by passing off Quinn. We walked many miles, and it was about 50-55 degrees with little wind, so I was warm with my coat and baby on all day...so I was in a nice perspiration the whole day. I swear my "baby belly" disappeared due to yesterday's walk...my jeans are big on me today! :)

Overall, Quinn was a trouper and let us know at about 7:30pm that she wanted home, and she wanted home NOW. The subway home took a little longer as the trains run less frequently, but, she had her mommy and daddy and the motion of the train, so she was good for most of the ride home. Once we got home, she was sure happy to see her room and more than happy to nurse and go to bed (and sleep from 10-5am, and then go right back to sleep until 9am!!!)

So, she was a little sleepy after the Met, but only slept a total of about 2 or 3 hours yesterday.

Then we took our first taxi ride in NYC to the Top of the Rock (Yep, I faced my fear of heights in a BIG WAY going 67 floors up and then looking out over a gi-normous city!!).


Then we met up with Mike at the "fountain" where the Christmas tree was and took a subway to Grimaldi's (famous Brooklyn brick-oven pizza place) and met Lars there.


Then it was home again...Daddy got her ready for bed...please excuse our singing attempts.

1 comment:

Christine and Curt said...

lovely pictures. lovely video.