Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Busy

Well, we had quite the weekend again! Dannie and Nate came to visit for the weekend and came in Thursday night.

Quinn and I had our 2nd MET museum with mommies and babies on Friday; while Dannie and Nate went across Central Park to the Museum of Natural History for a few hours. Both trips went well! We ate lunch at an italian restaurant on the "west side" of Central Park, got cookies from Levain's (awesome!!) and headed to Macy's. We decided the Italian place was ridiculous charging $3 for 8 oz of Coke w/no refills, that the cookies were well worth the $4 each, and that the Macy's was entirely too big. Macy's is having their "flower show" or something like that so I was REALLY glad I took my allergy meds Friday! There were fresh flower displays everywhere...and they were LARGE displays, so I didn't really care for most of them, but it was pretty neat seeing so many flowers everywhere...on all 9 floors!

One of Mike's ORF (frisbee) friends was visiting from Minnesota for the weekend too and he came with us to the Roger Clyne concert last night. It was a great night! A WHOLE NIGHT away from our baby...and we left her in wonderful hands. Dannie and Nate took great care of her, she ate her bottle wonderfully and went right to bed "on schedule" around 8pm. I think they decided after just a few days that babies are awhile off for them yet. :) She's a handful and she's not even mobile yet! She woke up when we got home about 1:30/2 and Mike changed and fed her...and she took the bottle awesome again! (I wasn't in much condition to be feeding her....) She went right back to sleep (thank God) and slept until 7! She was VERY happy to see me this morning and thoroughly enjoyed a meal "from the source"...fell right back asleep until almost noon!! So, I'm thinking she's enjoying another wonderful growth spurt (she's already in mostly 9 month clothes!!??!?) and sleeping and digesting all the things she learns when she's awake and touring NYC with me.

I bought Quinn her first pair of jeans last week...I can't believe she's turning into such a little bundle before my eyes. It's exciting seeing what she learns every day. She certainly does like to talk (ask Dannie and Nate...or anyone I try to have a phone conversation with while she's awake!!).

We're busy planning a trip back to Mn in early May and Phoenix in late May. Other trips so far include her baptism in July...
Ooh, and we're 95% sure we're heading the DC to see the cherry blossoms next weekend. Just a year ago when (Quinn Constance &) I fainted in front of the constitution in the National Archives in D.C.....we'll have to get pictures!!! It was certainly a memorable moment in my last year.

Not many photos...Dannie took a bunch though...check them out on her blog!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So you did the pregnancy fainting thing, too, huh? My most memorable was in the doctor's office, in a wheelchair, and I woke myself up with a big, huge vomit all over. The joys of pregnancy, huh?!
Can't wait to see pictures of Quinn in her jeans. I just love babies in jeans!

Dannie said...

I posted a few pictures... I can send you the videos maybe if you want to post those. Blogger doesn't seem to want to let me do that.

Also, we already knew before visiting that babies are still a few years away for us!