Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vaccination Visit and Devo Updates

Well, apparently "ack" (Mike) was right about just seeing the MD. (I swear Mike will be known to Quinn as "ack" as when he plays with her/greets her/changes her he says "ack, ack, a-dack" and she'll mimic the intonation sometimes and I just think she'll call him "ack" instead of "dad"...it's kinda cute.)

But, MD wise, it has only been 3 weeks since Quinn's last MD visit. I scheduled the appointment for today without thinking of insurance problems, but thinking of the fact she just turned 4 months. Well, apparently the doctors didn't want to risk our insurance not covering a technical "well-child" visit as it hasn't technically been a month. SO, we called it "vaccination visit". They saw us, and vaccinated Quinn, but would only take her weight (and not compare us or give us length or head circumference or developmental milestones for the month).

So, she's 16.2# now. She's twice the size she was when she was born. Amazing! That's a heavy girl to be carrying around! But I still do it often anyway, as strollers aren't so easy to use in the local stores around here. I know I'm burning more kcals that way too. Speaking of which, I'm down another 4# this month! Still not the 109# I was at the wedding 16 months ago (or so)...but that's not my goal! My goal is to be healthy and tone...and to be able to carry my baby around town when I need to get places quick.

She's enjoying "tummy time" a LITTLE more these days...a minute or two in the morning when we're getting dressed, and same at night when we're getting our PJ's on. She LOVES her walker/saucer. She'll sit up and chill out and play with the toys and watch the cats with a devil-ish grin on her face. She's getting ready for the day she can chase them around!! Unfortunately, those glances are quick, so I haven't caught it on camera....yet. I'll try soon. She doesn't like to sit up in the chair for much longer than about 15 minutes...but I'll take any time she'll give me to free my hands, get her off her back, and let her explore the world from a new angle.

She's also enjoying books more and more every day. We read at least one book a day (actually read it) and she'll look at the pages in many of her other books through the day.

Her butterfly rattle is still one of her favorites. I think it's because she can grab it and put it in her mouth. The teething rings we have are just a little too wide for her tiny pudgy fingers to grasp.

She also LOVES music. She'll "sing" along with the radio. She prefers classical, lullaby, and Disney music. Every other CD is a "mom's music" CD though...you can only take so much!

Memo about the last posting...kinda related to vaccinations/viruses:
Sorry there was no place to put comments on the last posting. I think someone spam-ed a comment to link into a virus download, so I disabled and hid comments -- for the sake of your computers! I couldn't figure out how to delete just the one posting. I don't think I can since I don't have comments moderated, but, you all posted on a different entry, so I appreciate that!

No comments: