Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Octopus and Crab

As the photos show, Quinn LOVES this toy. This one and her blue elephant that hangs on her bouncy chair (the lion and green elephant aren't her attention getters there). Maybe she has a thing with blue? I have a nursing shirt this color blue...maybe she thinks the toys are going to feed her??


I'm not sure what she was thinking in this next photo. That's usually the look she gives when she's concentrating really hard. She is able to make this toy sing by pulling the crab, but she's not 100% sure HOW she does it yet! If any of you with babies have a hard time entertaining your young ones while shopping or what not, and your baby is in the stroller, GET THIS TOY! I'm serious. It has made my morning breakfast and walks around town a ton easier as she keeps herself entertained with this toy. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where my sister got it...maybe she can comment??
Overall, things are going well here in Brooklyn. I woke up yesterday with a VERY stiff neck. A few doses of ibu later, and at least I was able to sleep last night. It's a little better today. At least I'm not in complete pain doing the little tasks (dishes, eating, changing diapers, etc). We have a big trip to Target planned today so we can get cat supplies.

Yes, we still have the cats! They still don't come very close to Quinn (on purpose), but they love her play mat and bouncy chair. Mostly because of the hanging toys that are at "their level". So, I think they think they're toys for them! Yet another way cat toys and baby toys are similar...similar interests. :) When we were cleaning the other day, we found the catnip light-up balls Grandma R bought them for Christmas. They were both so happy to have them back...entertained them for a couple hours that day!

No comments: