Thursday, March 27, 2008

Time Flies...

AND APPARENTLY, so does puke! We had fajitas and spanish rice for dinner last night...and Quinn has flying puke this morning. It's unfortunate because I really enjoy Mexican food and it just doesn't agree with her. I've been able to eat more Italian again, lately, so that's good. We'll just have to work on the Mexican yet. :)

We also had a nice lunch/afternoon with a high school friend and her boyfriend yesterday. She moved out here in 2001 and has lived several different places, but has settled in an "up and coming" trendy-to-be area of Brooklyn not to far away. So, we walked in the 60+ degree weather to a diner a few blocks away. We had a nice lunch and chatted for several hours. It was nice chatting about home, and talking about where other HS people are...I never thought I'd hear about some of them again! I showed off the house we're renting...which is about 5xs as much space as she's ever had living out here. So, yet again, I'm reminded how lucky we were to find this place to enjoy while we're living the NY life.

It was really fun and I hope to have them over for dinner at some point in the future to meet Mike, and enjoy Quinn! She was a very good girl, gave them smiles, and slept during most of lunch (yay Tylenol day after vaccinations!!). They have a friend who had a baby a few weeks ago and Jesse went to visit. And reminded me of all the things that really suck about the first few weeks! But then I looked at Quinn and wouldn't have had it any other way. She is really getting quite adorable and is overall a good baby.

I'm really looking forward to the day when Quinn goes down at 8pm...and sleeps! I think we FINALLY have a new routine that we like! She eats at 6:30/7, then burp and chill out for 20 minutes, bath time, then bed. This has always been close to our schedule...I just felt bad on the nights Mike wouldn't get to see her so I kept her out of her crib. Well, those nights weren't so great. So, she goes in her crib at 8, usually wakes up about 1 or 2 for a feeding and changing. And then is awake at about 6:30/7:30. SO, Mike and I get time to "ourselves" almost every night...but I'm still waking up in the middle of the night. SOMEDAY I'll get uninterrupted sleep again. RIGHT? :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

someday we'll sleep 8 straight hours again...But, I'm still waiting for that at almost 10 months out :)

Christine and Curt said...

gosh...hopefully soon you can get more sleep. even then the worrying never ends...think of the nights when you'll be up waiting for your kid to get home safely...