Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Aaaaah AAAAhhhhHHHhhhhHH

One of these days I'll get her "jabber" on video to share with you all...sounds like "aaahhhh, AAAhhhHHHhhhh, AAAAhhhhhhhhhHHHHhhhhHHHh" (with the capital letter being the louder emphasized ones).

We had sweet peas yesterday---she wasn't the biggest fan but once she realized she was hungry and wasn't getting anything else, she ate them pretty well. At first I made them too thick...then it was too runny...so we'll try to find the middle today and see how she does. Since she ate most of them even with the crazy consistency, I rewarded her with a few bites of my banana. Then I got the "mmmmmm" sounds I love so dearly. She's still pretty much refusing to eat her rice cereal. Even sweetened with juice, bananas, or apples. I should've finished the box before introducing those yummy veggies...tomorrow we will be trying carrots or butternut squash (yet to decide).

She also decided 6am was time to be awake today...I went in there to a messy crib (just changed her sheets yesterday too!!) and a messy Quinn. I was hoping she'd go back to sleep after a new diaper.....nope. Fed her. Nope. Put a sucker in her possession and gave her her favorite bunny and mirror...about 10 minutes later. "aaaHHHHhhhhhh AaaAAAhhhHHhh". Her favorite bunny and sucker were on the floor and the blankets were on the way out and she was smacking her mirror. SHE WANTED OUT! So, trying to stay up to watch the end of the OT hockey game prolly wasn't a great idea . . . ALSO, she decided 2am was feeding time last night. Tried giving her the sucker and that was no good.

She has been sleeping random nights "through" the night. I wish they would be more often as her naps during the day have been SHORT. She sleeps about 15-30 minutes in the morning (used to be an hour AT LEAST) and if I'm lucky 1-2 hours in the afternoon after lunch (think the solids sit well with her and I try to wear her out by rolling her across the floor and "making" her do sit-ups). So, she very randomly will roll over and sitting unassisted isn't happening yet. She gets too excited for her toys to sit unassisted.

She doesn't do "ba ba" "ma ma" or "da da" so much. She just likes the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound.

My neck/shoulder is FINALLY starting to feel better. I pulled something on the flight home last week and I've been looking at the world with my head tilted to the left for the last week. My regimen of 2 ibu TID and heat for an hour TID have seemed to work well. I can even play with Q for awhile and I've been catching up on my scrapbooking (baby shower, Q photos, wedding & florida trip from 2005 need to be done yet!!)

Mike's exam is Saturday so we're hoping to have some mini-family vacations to enjoy after that.

That's all I write for now!!

No comments: