Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cooperstown

We left town about 10am on Saturday with big hopes of visiting wineries, breweries, parks, caves and museums...plans change!

We went on two "toureries" (brewery tours). We visited Cooperstown brewery and Omeggagon (I hope that's spelled correctly) Belgian microbrewery. Both yummy, but the Belgians (besides the one with the anise flavoring) were much better. This should've been the happy birthday daddy shot as this was actually Saturday, but oh well.


We visited the Baseball Hall of Fame Museum (or Mvsevm as the sign read out front) - - and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. We did see some old seats from Metropolitan Stadium...and Mike took a seat.


We also saw a case with old school Brewers gear from Robin Yount...and some stuff from the Twins.


By the end, when we were looking at the inductee plaques, they scared the crap out of Quinn, so I did not see as many as I would have liked to see. We spent almost 2 1/2 hours there and got there close to closing time. Baseball fans could probably spend just as much time there, if not more! So much to see . . .

I wanted to take Q swimming Sunday morning, but she wanted to take a nap...so she napped while I swam. Jen, I have a new respect for your swimming endeavors! It's more difficult than I remembered!

We also realized it's time to retire most of her 9 month clothes . . . onesies have upgraded to 9-12 or straight up 12 month sizes. As well as many of the summer sundresses. If the clothes are "hand-me-downs" 18 month size for sure right now. The coat she's wearing here is an 18 month size. She's as big as Natalie and Natalie is one!! She has been in the 6-9 month size for a few months now, though, so it's good to know she's still growing!

After our swim, we went to the Fly Creek Cider Mill, drank some cider, drank some hard cider, ate lots of samples, and bought some too. The play area was only for children 2-8, but we wanted to play anyway!



This barely does justice to the beauty of the Albany/Cooperstown area. I realized after we were away from the motel that I didn't take any photos of the lake we were on! I'm sure the photos would've been nothing compared to the beauty of the area...regardless, I snapped some motion shots from the car...


We did some of the things on our agenda, but decided the Cooperstown area definitely deserved another visit sometime soon! Maybe camping? Who wants to go?!?!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like such a fun weekend away as a family. I love those times.

I had to chuckle reading about Quinn in size 12 or 18 month clothes. The other day I put some 12 month pants on Natalie and they still didn't fit! She is in size 18month shirts, though. And just imagine, within a couple years our girls will probably end up about the same size. It's amazing how babies grow so differently in the beginning!

Christine and Curt said...

that is the coolest little wknd adventure. fun.

kborn said...

The 12 month pants are too long yet, but the summer shorts fit in STYLE! Let me tell you, she looks good in florescent greens and pinks (ha ha, why do they make such awful colored combinations?!?!).