Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Five Years and My Sister's Baby

As the days are getting longer and hotter, I find I'm spending more time in Q's room with the AC on reading to her, or in the basement where it's cooler reading to her. I remember hearing somewhere or reading somewhere that the Dyker Heights library has a nice reading program. So as Q sleeps this afternoon (she's actually napping, yes!!), I'm researching things for us to do in the area with the summer days to keep my mind off margaritas and sunbathing!!

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to venture online to discover programs, but here I am researching away! Now that she's nursing less frequently and in a little more of a pattern, it's been easier taking her out and about too. And with the library being a whole mile away (less actually), it's not nearly as difficult as taking her to the island!

It so happens that Brooklyn has a First Five Years program and there's a volunteer program associated with it. So, we're going to start going to story time every Monday...and maybe hang out there more often if they're looking for volunteers! YAY FREE ENTERTAINMENT! And, it's something to keep my mind occupied! I guess I'll have to make sure it's okay for Q to hang out too, but I can't see that being a problem.

We're also waiting to hear word for Music Together Mommy and Me classes for the summer sessions. I'm not sure if they're filled up already or not...we'll see! Hopefully we'll be attending those classes once a week too. Anything that I can walk to! I can get my exercise in for the day, get some quality time with other kids for Q, and hopefully some quality adult time for me--a win-win-win!



SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT. If you have not yet talked with Claire or Tom, don't keep reading until you do!



So, my oldest sister, Claire, had her baby this afternoon. His name is Benjamin Thomas Brefka and he was 9 lbs 14 oz. When she called she said, "well, 9 14". I said "am, or that's what he weighs??" "that's his weight!" "wow, he'll be past Nick and Q before long!!".

So, I have another nephew...now the girls only outnumber by 2 on the "Rebarchik" side for cousins! Liz, Caryn, Abs, Hey and Q "vs" AJ, Nick and Benji. Hmm, I have nick names for everyone but Caryn....suggestions anyone? We'll see what future babies come from me, Jen and maybe even JJ (some day for all of us!!!)!! No, that's not a pregnancy notice for any of us. Wow, there are officially more cousins that there are original "Chik-7!" now they are "BBBR-8" and then the adults and pets. Amazing how quick a family can grow! 3 new additions in 6 months and 2 weeks. Can't wait for the 3-B's baptism in a little over a month!!

I'll post photos of all three as soon as I have some new ones from the Brefkas/my parents. I have some new cute ones of Nick from Kristin, soo...it'll be fun to see the comparisons of the 3 newest cousins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Caryn to simply be Ryn.

Peachy

TB--Milwaukee said...

Thanks for the spoiler alert...otherwise, I would have read ;)

Jill said...

Congrats to Claire. Give her a big hug from me.