Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Video

So there is new video of her eating her spinach and carrots...but I'm too sleepy to wait for it to finish downloading (Q was up at 5:45am today!), so I'll do it in the morning. Here are a few still shots to hold you over. I did the shots myself as I was feeding her as Mike played in a "hat" ultimate frisbee tournament today! Yay exercise and recreational activities! I cleaned a little and played with Q and played some video games...not to abnormal for me!

yummy


where did my toy cup go?


on the floor, where else would it go?


because all my carrots and spinach are gone...


what do we do when we're "all done, no more left"?


SIPPY CUP! (although she would've settled for the newspaper too!)
not the cup we normally use, as this is a little faster valve and she can't hold it herself...but she likes her water none-the-less!


Voting time for the new mom...is it bad to have her play with toys while she eats? She gets SOOO bored just sitting there looking at me sing to her, talk to her, whatever I'm doing while feeding her. The plastic cups or rings (also on the floor next to the cup) are the only thing that really keep her sitting in her chair decently...of course until they end up on the floor!

Funny side note, I put her in her chair for dinner and she leaned over the side as if looking for the cup she "left there" after lunch. Did she really remember? Probably not, but she knows that's where the toys go while we're eating, so why not before we eat? She would have probably had a fit if she saw me put them in the dishwasher! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's ok to have some simple toys to keep her attention...as long as they don't go in her mouth instead of her food! Good girl...keep eating those veggies!!

Love,
Mom

Mindy said...

I found that Natalie ate better when she had something in her hands, too. I used to purposefully drop a Tablespoon or so of baby food on the tray so she'd occupy herself with that, and it didn't make a much bigger mess than we were already going to! A plastic spoon was another thing I used!

Anonymous said...

We used to use cheerios as toys on their trays. That certainly kept the kids busy chasing them, and they learned about feeding themselves pretty quick too. It was also amazing to watch their fine motor skills develop as they used those little fingers. Made a great snack for us, too!

Love you!
Peachy