Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eating

So, I didn't really think I ate that much more when I was pregnant and when Q was nursing every 2 hours.

I went to Subway last weekend...and could BARELY make it through my 6 inch sub w/oil and vinegar (got mayo when preggo), chips, and lemonade. I could devour a footlong, chips, raspberry iced tea and apples and still be hungry in the 6th month of pregnancy.

I went to BK yesterday as I was in Bay Ridge shopping and walking (gorgeous 80 degree afternoon). Ordered the "big kids" meal...and couldn't finish the fries, burger, and only drank 3/4 of the coke. I could devour a quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, shake and apple pie with no problem in the 6th month.

Mike and I usually split meals when we're out as portion sizes are crazy most places. The one exception to this is the trip to Applebee's the other afternoon when I ate an entire portion of the Garlic Asiago Grilled Chicken entree. Well, Mike had a few bites, and Q had a few bites of potatoes, but I was really hungry too as it was after 3 and we didn't have lunch yet. Which is odd, because when I wait so long to eat, I usually eat less. Hmm....

I guess I really just ate that much more when I was pregnant and I didn't even realize it. The SCALE realized it and my OB realized it...but I was in a preggo food coma of sorts. I'm just glad the scale is also realizing I'm eating better again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pregnancy hormones are something else. My OB used to tell Dad that "a pregnant woman will take a bite out of your arm if she's hungry enough!" :) :)

You look great!
XXOO
Mom