Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Library Card

So, I can't even remember the last library card I had. I believe I was 16 or 17 and it was from the West Allis library and it was yellow plastic.

Well, now, 11 years later, I'm a library card holder. And so is my daughter! It's kind of a boring white and it's not laminated so I hope it'll last. But it's still a library card. We decided we needed some new books to read. The library has a summer reading program with free gifts (no idea what they are) for every so many books your read and record (all online, how nice is that?!?!). SO, since "Brooklyn Reads to Babies" and I live in Brooklyn and I have a baby...



...here are the first few to read and record. "Who Hops" is also in Spanish! How cool is that!?!?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Are those board books? They look so nice. I've gotta check out our library for some different baby books to read.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm the author of Who Hops! and yes, it's in board book in English and Spanish, as well as bi-lingual lap book which is like a giant board book.

I'm curious about this read and record. What is it, exactly?

Thanks for taking my book out of the library!

kborn said...

It was a great book! Nice lap book...it was big enough for her to see pictures and it was just too heavy for her to pick up and put in her mouth! :-)