Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sitting, Sitting, Sitting... NOT SITTING, NOT SITTING!

So, we're STILL working on the whole flat bottom sitting thing. We found some toys that some of Quinn's Great Aunts from Mankato bought for her for Christmas and we started playing with them "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10" and "blue" "yellow" "high" "up" "open" "close" "lights on....lights off" . . . at least it has volume control and an off button!!

She loves this toy and it will grow with her as there are legs to attach to make it a table. There is one at the peds office and the toddlers there seem to love it too. I'm excited to start our music classes in a few weeks! We should not have a problem with registration as we will be attending during the week and they invited me to attend a class prior to the summer session too, so we'll have to see which one we should go to in the next few weeks.

Yep, I got a nice action shot of her taking a tumble. I still laugh at her...but I feel if I rush to her every time she falls, I may develop a "love me" monster every time she falls the rest of her life. She's not completely whiny when she falls, but she's no Alex either! She will usually whine a little when she falls over...but if there's a tag within eyeshot and grasp...there's not even a tear or whimper...So I try to keep tags within her sight if I think she's going to tumble backwards.
As unsafe as it sounds, she sits best when there's a little give ... like on our bed, on her changing table, on the couch, and in her bed. When I have her sitting on these surfaces, she's not allowed to go further than 1 inch from my hands (hence no photos of these occurrences).

I also have cute shots of her with her mother goose rhymes book...and of her hair in two pigtails on top of her head like the little devil she is . . . but they are portrait shots and the computer won't let me rotate the darn pictures. I'll have to put them on snapfish. :-)

Hmmm....what else. Not much. Mike's exam is OVER! Yay! He's out on the island enjoying some drinks with some of the others who also took the exam today.

Quinn's napping was all off schedule today. She's been doing well with her routine...except the sun was out early (getting earlier for the next few weeks) AND Daddy got in the shower extra-early before his exam and I think it woke her up. She'll sleep through us talking down the halls, watching loud movies, and yelling at the cats...but turn on the shower or flush the toilet and her eyes pop open! Figure that one out. Regardless, she was in a screaming mood today too, so I was wishing I had Daddy here too so I could pawn her off for awhile. Well, I realized at 11am that she would be calm if she was outside. Unfortunately for me, outside was 95 degrees and no shade in our yard at that time. So, I walked to Bay Ridge to Subway for lunch (a good 25 minute walk...slower in the heat of noon). She slept about 10 minutes of the walk there and refused to sleep after that. So she ate some cucumber from my sandwich, and enjoyed it. She also had a couple swigs of water from her sippy cup (I'll have to get photos of her drinking from her sippy cups, ADORABLE!). I knew it was sunny and hot today, but failed to apply sunscreen, so my forearms are a nice pink tint now...at least I had her in mind and strolled her with the carseat so she could be completely covered from the sun. I took the shady route home so she got to enjoy some fresh air too, as the temperature inside the stroller was toasty too! Regardless, we got home about 1 and I gave her a short nursing session assuming she'd take her afternoon nap. Right, that nap lasted ... 5 minutes. Screaming continued....distracted her with the cats and books and teething rings, etc...but about an hour later (5-10 minute attention span per object)...screaming again. So, we went outside (a SLIVER of shade in the backyard by this point). I lasted about 15 minutes, she was happy as a clam looking at her rings. Brought her inside for another sip of water and she could barely keep her eyes open. So I put her in her crib. She cried for a few minutes...gave up...started singing...and fell asleep after about 45 minutes of alone time. She's still sleeping now! SOOOO, maybe this will be the night I get a full night's sleep? I'd like to wake her up to feed her dinner...

So much for routine!

2 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

nice picture of her tumbling! glad Mike's test went well!

Jill said...

I cannot get over the action shot. It made me laugh so hard!

Tim is going to be in New York again next week. I told him to get a hold of you to let you know, but it's Tim.