Friday, June 13, 2008

Plumcot

Yesterday I thought I was buying some good looking (inexpensive) fruit..a plum. Turns out, they are plumcots. So, Quinn and I split one for breakfast. It tastes like what I would imagine a plumcot to taste like. I must admit, I'm glad they weren't straight up plums, because they're not my favorite. However, they were on sale and we need our purple fruit in our diet for antioxidants, so I was going to suck it up and learn to like plums. Well, now I can put it off for a little longer because I have discovered plumcots.

Quinn was not as big of a fan of the plumcot as she was of apricots, but the fresh fruit always has a slightly different flavor than the canned (yes, I've been "cheating" and getting mostly canned fruits). I also mixed it with rice cereal today as she still has a little bit left. I'm sure she'll grow to love them though, especially if I mix them with oatmeal. Or green beans. KIDDING! :-)

So, if any of you are interested in increasing your purple fruit consumption, may I recommend trying a plumcot today?

I have photos of Q from yesterday that will be downloaded soon...she wore a special outfit from Grandpa Chuck yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to teach Quinn what the bunny says, too. Makes blowing her nose a lot easier!

We're also battling the rain, but severe weather has been minimal lately. I haven't checked on the availability of lumber.

Love you all!
Peachy