Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boredom

No, not me. I can't seem to get much "alone" time anymore. Our little Q seems bored with everything I throw at her (not literally...well, with the exception of balls...). She has a short attention span, and only seems to want to play with whatever I am using at the time. Now that she's crawling, and pulling herself up more, it's impossible to get her to stay in one area for longer than a few minutes. And the days of 3 hours of naps during the day are long gone. It used to be just weekends when she'd skip them...now it's pretty much every day.

Ideas? Suggestions? Ideas that don't involve me involving her in a million activities that make my week so busy I want to pull my hair out....

Off to chase her down the hallway...(time to purchase and install baby gates!)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

No naps, huh? Yikes!

Some favorites at our house were: busy ball popper, the "noisy" ring stacker (you've commented on it in a picture of mine before), watching me blow bubbles, putting water on the tray of her high chair and letting her splash around. And when I really need a few minutes (every night at supper) we put on a Baby Einstein DVD. The farm one is Natalie's favorite!

I remember this very clearly. Kind of an "oh crap. no more time for me" realization! Good luck!

marcyw said...

There was definatley a clear line he hit when Cole got bored with us over the weekends. I think one small trick that can make a big difference is the way you're looking at your house. Do your eyes always drift to toys that are actually toys? 2 plastic funnels on a kitchen floor can last a long time. Look at EVERYTHING but knives like a toy throughout the house. Make combinations in your head of what things put together become interesting. We left the scoop in an empty formula container and shaking that lasted a long time!

Heidi said...

I'm taking notes here as Lucy is approaching this stage also. Yesterday she was surrounded by toys and kept playing with her lunch bowl. So, I brought out more, she was in heaven. I think these two girls have good advice! I like Mindy's water on the highchair game!

new*me said...

the naps should start back up soon.......probably just a new stage she's going through

Try more outside time. That works around here. Also, for help with naps, how bout a long bath with lots of toys? Baths are great tools for getting little ones to sleep!

Anonymous said...

ALONE time?!?! What is that?