Friday, August 1, 2008

Bored?

Well, for the first time since I arrived last week Thursday, my parents' house is quiet. Hailey's at the sitter's, Mom's shopping, Dad's at work, JJ's out, and Q is sleeping. The a/c is off and there is a lone lawnmower in the distance (something that I only hear once a month in my NYC neighborhood is something that is weekly here!!).

Dare I say I'm bored?

The silence is deafening.

I've been around kids and adults all week.

SO, I shall take the time to apologize to all the people that I missed visiting with this week. Jill, Tim, John, Maggie, Jessica, Roger, Tiffany, Mike, Courtney, Em (although I got to see Paul...), Kevin (I hear you drove past me and didn't even stop!), and all those at the reunion on Sunday that I didn't even say hi to! ... that may be everyone. Days get crazy in Grafton and they get even more difficult when you don't have your own car and there's no such thing as public transit from West Allis to Grafton (not that I know of...). Hopefully we can catch up another time and feel free to give me a holla if you're ever the NYC way. Again, hopefully we'll catch up soon. I didn't realize 10 days could go so fast!

For the weekend, we are off to Deerbrook, Wi (near Antigo) for my uncle's 75th birthday bash at my cousin's house. So, today, we are giving Q a day of no visitors (unless someone wants to come to Grafton to visit!) and a day of rest.

She pretty much has 6 teeth now...so tylenol is done! We have oragel about once a day, but only if NOTHING ELSE calms her down. She's learning to bite things like strawberries, green beans, and graham crackers--but not Mommy! She's eating about 1/2 a container of Gerber foods at each sitting now. She had a few tablespoon of yogurt and pears yesterday for breakfast and enjoyed it. Then she had a day of tasting fair foods and drinks.

She's been a great trooper all week and we miss Daddy terribly and can't wait to see him on Monday! Uncle JoJo and Grandpa both have beards, so she's been enjoying their resemblance to Daddy and have grown fond of pulling out Grandpa's gray hairs! She will be very happy to see her kitties, room, and toys again.

She's almost crawling, Daddy!

Time to go enjoy some more "me" time with the book I brought from home. Thought I'd have time to read this week too! Silly Katie....

2 comments:

Jill said...

When do you fly home? I have all week off next week and want to make it to the State Fair at least once.

new*me said...

i love being bored since it rarely happens around here ;)