Thursday, August 28, 2008

Meet 'Stripes' and 'Buster'

I think I failed to mention we bought plants at the botanical gardens when we were there. Since Eggo ate my spider plant within seconds of having it at Mike's house when I moved in there in 2005, I've wanted house plants. However, I've never found anything I've liked that I thought Eggo would stay away from. We were at the botanical gardens on Saturday and Mike picked one he liked, I picked one I like.

For some reason I decided today that I will call them...

Stripes (my favorite)



Buster (Mike's favorite)


I feel good about our purchases. Not only have the cats (pretty much) stayed away. They add a "homey" feel to a still relatively new house. Also, they were reasonably priced and so where the pots! I looked at our stores around here and they wanted almost $10 more each per pot and about $10 more per (similar) plant. So, that covered our entrance cost to the park and then some!! So we still came out ahead. I just feel better when I look at my new friends in my living room.

And the living room is still without a tv (despite Mike's recent attempts at adding one so we can use some of our gaming systems in our "gaming system graveyard") and I feel really good about that too.

5 comments:

new*me said...

I do not have a green thumb...plants DO NOT like me. Maybe it's because I never gave them a name? Cute :) and beautiful plants.

Anonymous said...

Love those plants...don't forget to feed them!!

XXOO
Mom

Dannie said...

I've decided that I'm not getting any more plants until we have a bigger place. Though if I get my hands on a purple passion, I might change my mind --- those are so pretty.

Those are nice plants, kinda wish we went to the gardens when we were up now... though my ankle is probably thankful we didn't!

Mindy said...

I love these plants! I am a plant lover, though. While people usually complain about killing plants, I am just the opposite for some reason. They seem to thrive for me! You just made me want to buy new, big plants!

Jill said...

we added a plant to our patio, too. I helps when I look out the window. It's a lot like stripes, but imagine yellow flowers everywhere.