Monday, August 11, 2008

A Nothing Weekend

So we FINALLY got a breath of fresh air this weekend! It was only about 80 during the day and down to 67/68 at night! YAY WINDOWS OPEN! Hopefully the cool air at night will help lower the electric bill as the a/c's have been off for about 3 days now (longest stretch since April?...other then when we've been gone).

So, what did we do with our weekend? Between rain drops which I anticipated to be longer and harder storms than hit, I watched Olympics (handball may be my new favorite!) and we enjoyed our new XBox 360. Really, I'm not sure if we're so excited about it because it's new, it's awesome, or we have new games. We finished Halo 3 on Saturday night...it only took us a week. I was slightly disappointed that it only took us a few hours to complete it. Maybe we'll have to up our level a little bit or something. Mike and I also busted out NCAA football and Mn creamed Wi. But I held my own better than I anticipated seeing as Mike's created team for the X-Box has gone from barely completing a pass to champions in just a few seasons. Never realized how hard it was to call plays, read offense/defense and play the plays the way I call them! I can see why the coaches aren't also the players in "real life".

We also watched Q grow into her "little" body and explore the house further. We've officially lowered her crib as she's sitting up all the time and is close to pulling herself into standing position onto couches, toys, and STAIRS! She likes to empty bags, buckets, containers, drawers, & shelves. She enjoys chewing on EVERYTHING. Our two new favorite snacks are cheerios and crackers ... Nilla wafers not so much (she's not much for the sweets). She is taking nice small bites of the crackers, but will stuff as many cheerios in her mouth as you will give her. Her favorite meal is turkey, green beans and cranberries... "mmmmm" (maybe she was always meant to be a Thanksgiving day baby!). I regularly buy lunch meat turkey and we share my sandwich. She enjoys butternut squash and green beans...everything else she'll eat because she's hungry. To keep her "interested" in eating, she needs a mix of "solid" solids and "pureed" solids. So, if there's nothing available to chew for a meal, she'll get cheerios with her meal. She's still learning the sippy cup, but her foods is mostly liquid yet and she's still nursing about 5 times a day, so I'm not too concerned about fluid intake.

We're going to visit with Dannie and Nate this weekend (yet to be decided if we're going there or they're coming here) and it's quite possible they could witness a real crawl! She does more of an extended reach now...I'll try to get video when she's up from her nap.

Overall, life's pretty calm. It's hard to believe Mike's been here a year, and my year is just around the corner! Time flies when you're living the NY minute!!

No comments: