Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quinn 4.0 and 4.1

And then there is this morning....the view as she's coming and going.





Some have asked about 'baby proofing". I'm not really sure what that means.
*She's sitting up all the time and starting to pull herself up onto objects (attempting at least), so we've lowered her crib.
*With her new found crawl, what I like to call the frog crawl as her toes stay pointed together as she crawls, I'm sure there will be little to stop her from getting what she know she shouldn't have.
*I've also removed an unstable bookshelf from her room so it won't fall on her.
*We have fewer trash cans in the house as she loves to dig though containers.
*Now that I'm feeling better, swiffering will probably occur daily, vacuuming every other day, and washing of the floor several times a week (much dirt is tracked in from outside!).
*Thanks to Daddy, the cats now have a hurdle to jump to get to the cat boxes (that's the last thing we need her eating).
*The bar is no longer in the kitchen as she rolled over to it and grabbed the bottle of Patron off the shelf the other day in a split second. It also has a glass shelf, so we worried about that toppling over in all her curiosity.
*She loves cords, purses, paper, and plastic bags--don't all babies? I went to pick up the purse the other day and didn't know who to scold for chewing the heck out of the straps--Q or Eggo?! Now that's she's crawling, it'll be easier for her to get to Killer and Eggo as she's in love with them and their every move and constantly waves at them when she sees them (as you saw in Quinn 3.8).
*She loves drawers & containers...not so much doors (I think they're harder to open...).
*She's getting great at self feeding...so any toy, piece of food (including pureed food from her tray at meal time), hair, fuzz, leftover food that I miss, etc...is in her mouth instantly. I find it rather remarkable actually...she's really mastered the thumb to forefinger pick up...even laying down on her back or tummy!!


She giggles like crazy when we go through her animal book and I make animal sounds, "silly mommy, you don't make that noise". She still loves to chew the books, though, so actually getting through many stories is still a challenge, but I can usually distract her by giving her a book to chew on...or reading while I'm nursing.

So, as you can read (since you can't see her...), she's all over the house and is as curious and "George"...so, complete "baby proofing" would be taking away her chance to explore and learn "not a toy" (as I don't like to repeat "no no no no no no no"). She's responding to her name --- QUINN!!!!!! (and she looks at me innocently and giggles and swear repeats back to me 'keein'.) Her only 2 phrases that are distinguishable are "nah nah nah nah" (nigh-night/nap) and "nigh nigh nigh nigh" (nursing/hungry). Really, there is a difference, and I can't even pick out ma ma or da da in there anywhere. Well, and I swear she repeats her name like I said above, but that was just this morning.

I can't believe we're only about a week away from 3/4 of a year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Quinn! Uncle Jo Jo says "the next step is walking"! I'd baby-proof by keeping all "dangerous things" out of her grasp....anything that she can pull down or break...also electrical outlets. You can get latches for your drawers and kitchen cabinets, too. Claire has some. Let her explore, but she should know the word "no", too! I didn't have to do much baby-proofing with you girls..only JJB!

Love and hugs,
Mom

new*me said...

The videos are so cute! What a little dolly :) I miss the crawling stage. Be prepared for some MAJOR babyproofing at some point. I would say I really had to step it up with the twins at about 18 months to now. Once they can climb up on things....watch out! As she gets taller, many things become dangerous...even things close to the edge of counter tops etc. You are in for a ride ;) but it's a fun one!

Christine and Curt said...

Sounds like she is one curious little girl. Love the videos! She's so cute!

Dannie said...

Sweet! We get to see Quinn crawl this weekend :-)

Heidi said...

Oh my, she is cruising!!

Jill said...

Tim loves the Quinn movies. I have to keep him updated when you post them. I love the crawl to roll. It reminds me of drunk college students.

Off the subject- is it possible to actually use real words in the "word verification"??? because "ycngtr" is not a word.